Would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
The key is not to tailgate, shouldn't need to heavy brake.
Power drums with quality parts can be very reliable, they have been long before disks came along.

PST has some really nice upgrades drum shoes.

Play games on “How man people can we squeeze in!”

6 grand is way too much money for it.
These guys are nuts these days with these bold prices.

When you need parts for it, you'll be regretting fanning out that many hundred dollar bills. Parts are going to be very hard to find and you never know what you're going to need, especially if you "drive it everywhere"

Maybe if you can get it cheap but 6 Gs is certainly not "cheap" to inherit a bunch of problems with parts availability

I'd snag up that puppy and not think twice about it- only things I'd change is throwing a new set of wide whites on it, and a dual pot master cylinder.

The key is not to tailgate, shouldn't need to heavy brake.
Power drums with quality parts can be very reliable, they have been long before disks came along.

I don’t tailgate, I drive for a living. If you are in heavy traffic where the speed limit is above 45, repeated heavy braking is fairly standard around here. I daily drove a manual steering, manual drum brake Dart in Southern California and the best upgrade I ever did on that car was disc brakes.

much like the 72 slant 6 duster I picked up, it will remain a driver.....until it isnt. New plans for drivers around here are having all or at least most of parts before doing any upgrades. I do not love working on drums so when they need to be worked on I bet there will be a disc swap waiting on the shelf.

I do agree with you @Princess Valiant, but honestly, in my area that is the going price for survivor moredoor drivers. Anything less and you better roll up your sleeves. I have a couple of those sleeve rollers already. I got the 72 duster slant with 65K on the clock for 7 and thought I did well.

Thanks for the input, Ill let ya'll know if it ends up in my drive.

It's fairly rust free? Boy I would not turn that down "lightly!!"

throw the wife and the dog in the backseat, girlfriend up front and away we go. lol

Love these oddball Mopars. I love everything about it except the four doors. I'm a modder so a two door conversion and a nasty stroker BB would be my plan. :D

That said, would be an awesome going to church car or occasional cruiser as is.

A Belvedere with optional 361 would be quite uncommon, even back then. Are those Golden Commando emblems on the fenders? I’ve had several 62 Plymouths and Dodges.

In 62, the 361 in B-bodies would have been the 4bbl Golden Commando, 305hp, dual point distributor, HP cam and dual exhaust.

That is a hate it OR love it model. I love em. But.....

Money wise. Example: I have a 64 more door Belvedere poly 318, PB. 98% restored driver, runs/drives very nice. I can NOT get $3500 for it here in Tx. But I 'm not in N.J.either!

Your car would be a nice car IF you want that model, a more door. Spend what its worth to you.

That is a hate it OR love it model. I love em. But.....

Money wise. Example: I have a 64 more door Belvedere poly 318, PB. 98% restored driver, runs/drives very nice. I can NOT get $3500 for it here in Tx. But I 'm not in N.J.either!

Your car would be a nice car IF you want that model, a more door. Spend what its worth to you.

They really killed the 64 moredoor belvedere with that C pillar change.

It is one of those things that starts to get less attractive the more time passes. I could spend the money on extending the carport, or finishing one of the other projects. I feel like finishing a project can be one of the toughest things to do when you are the sole soul doing the work.

Early 60s belvedere. 361 three on the tree, manual brakes/steering. Runs n drives. Friend is asking 6K. I've driven the car and its rust free, but....very oddball, moredoor, and has the "throwaway BB"

WWFD (what would FABO do?)

View attachment 1715980306

View attachment 1715980307

View attachment 1715980308

View attachment 1715980309
If you are a true MoPar guy you never turn down a rust-free car, and a 361 is not a bad engine a friend of mine had a 63 Savoy with a 361 we got it to make power I would buy it it would make a nice cruiser 4 speed & air just sayin

^^^The 64 more door Bel has the same roof as the two door Savoy post car which will actually sell better than the hardtop cousin, but I agree the hardtop is prettier.
I sold a 62 Dart more door 1 1/2 years ago, rol
IMG_0105.JPG
ler but all body/paint done. A guy drove from NE Pa to here in SE Tx for it but it was $2500 dirt cheap to him. He made a 413 cop car out of it.

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

I would buy it at $4k and then immediately put a front disc kit,4bbl and headers and drive the wheels off of it.
Same here. My road runner's going to the resto shop so I've got a fairly hot 440 that's doing nothing and 90% of a 4-speed setup that's just laying around ...

If you are a true MoPar guy
Alas, I am not a true MoPar guy. I am a true 4 wheels n a motor guy. Here in the PNW there are rust free cars to be had. BUT they cost a bit more. Next year my buddy is moving out of the country for two years and I will be the owner of a 68 firebird 400. Its a rust free stick car. Runs n drives. Its a case of space, money, and time. I do dig it (the belvedere) though. It may just end up in the drive and maybe something else around here kicks rocks.

20161223_113653.jpg

20161223_113615.jpg

20161223_120254.jpg

20161223_113549.jpg

I admit to being a lifelong Mopar guy but I am also an OLD car guy, so that can cover a lot of ground!!
I have had a few brand X and Y cars over thee decades, but there was always another Mopar lurking in the weeds somewhere!!!
First gen Firebirds are cool!!!! Especially when solid and drive!!

-
Back