Not another Daytona wannabe!!

-
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but I thought I would share It with you guys. I personally don't really like it when someone/or Chrysler for that matter, builds a car, puts a large wing on the back and puts Daytona decals on the vehicle. I didn't like it when they built the Daytona Ram.. And I don't like this one either.... What do you guys/gals think??

daytona_1.jpg

These came out in 2009 and here lately we have been having threads about them like once a month.

Not for me and as much as I like the Challenger and the winged cars I couldn't do that to any car

if u can say it looks better ?? ill agree in black not to bad,,still fugly,,,and it has a PLYMOUTH decal on the quarter,,,,l:violent1:

if u can say it looks better ?? ill agree in black not to bad,,still fugly,,,and it has a PLYMOUTH decal on the quarter,,,,l:violent1:

Yeah, I'd sure leave the 'Plymouth" decals off. I like the oversize Rallyes on the black car better than the flat-face phony Magnums on the gold car, too.
Dallas

..actually, the whole car isn't that good looking...I liked the mods Norm made on 'en...the lines were much better..

I though that Ma Chrysler would have done better bringing in a late '60s Charger (instead of the 4 door) concept than the Chally.. but Chrysler has always played loose with the names.. Remember the 1980 Plymouth Volaré with the Duster trim package that included Duster badges, a white stripe along the body and cloth-and-vinyl plaid bucket seats. Vinyl and plaid seats ?? AAAArg.

grassy

to me it looks like a chevy guy through some stuff on a car & thought it was cool & is just trying to fit in NOT! very ugly

..actually, the whole car isn't that good looking...I liked the mods Norm made on 'en...the lines were much better..

I though that Ma Chrysler would have done better bringing in a late '60s Charger (instead of the 4 door) concept than the Chally.. but Chrysler has always played loose with the names.. Remember the 1980 Plymouth Volaré with the Duster trim package that included Duster badges, a white stripe along the body and cloth-and-vinyl plaid bucket seats. Vinyl and plaid seats ?? AAAArg.

grassy

better yet ever seen a plymouth Volare Road Runner ?!? i bet i can be had with a slant sicks too

This version looks like it might have some different hood air extractors, lower body effects and......that faux stick-on door thing is just....really....Pep Boys-esque.

Here's my take on these cars. It seems like they are trying to make a Challenger look like a 70 Superbird...instead of trying to do a modern interpretation of a 1970 Superbird. I like the nose. The wing is awful. Take that off and design something modern that goes with the car.(it needs to be much smaller too) The Challenger upswept quarters need to go as well. Someone made Cuda Fenders that don't sweep up...those need to be installed.

I'd like to see this done in photoshop. Maybe it will still look bad...maybe not.

They are selling them at dealerships now!

better yet ever seen a plymouth Volare Road Runner ?!? i bet i can be had with a slant sicks too

Worse.... I wish they would do the names justice or let them die... All big three are guilty of this..

they are selling them now..wonder if any will be sold around here and if they will be as hard to get rid of as the originals ?

ian.

I'd take a 360 (or 318 4 speed) Volare RR in spitfire orange with ground effects and T tops ANY DAY!

The picture of the blue & gold cars sitting side by side remind me of the movie cars. Now i guess every 2 years old to 8 year old kid would be into them. Maybe some richy rich parents would buy them so the kids could go the school in them and show off to there little friends

-
Back