Not Feeling Well

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
well I have been fighting a kidney stone problem for about a month.
If you have never had kidney stone trouble...I hope you never do!
Been to the doc. numerous times and were hoping I could pass the dang thing on its own. Well the pain has increased beyond what Vicitin can cure so I am going in today to find out what we need to do to get rid of the dang thing. Never had one hurt this bad. Never have been able to not pass one on my own so am a little nervous about whats going to be done.
So if any one cares, shoot one up for me and cross your fingers..i'd appreciate it.

-RPM

Done that bin there about 10 yrs. ago. Mine was so bad and I was in so much pain for 12 hrs. that they used the Lithotriptor on the stone to pulverize it. The device uses a very focused sound-shock wave to pulverize the SOB and then you just pass it normally. The pain is like someone sticking a red hot knife in your side and then it moves around your back to the other side and Demerol only the takes the edge off it.

Good luck RPM

demon seed said:
Done that bin there about 10 yrs. ago. Mine was so bad and I was in so much pain for 12 hrs. that they used the Lithotriptor on the stone to pulverize it. The device uses a very focused sound-shock wave to pulverize the SOB and then you just pass it normally. The pain is like someone sticking a red hot knife in your side and then it moves around your back to the other side and Demerol only the takes the edge off it.

Good luck RPM

I know someone whom had this procedure and claimed it was uncomfortable. I guess it depends on the severity & the person's tolerance.

Good luck....I hope your well soon.:thumleft:

FASTBACK340 said:
I know someone whom had this procedure and claimed it was uncomfortable. I guess it depends on the severity & the person's tolerance.

Good luck....I hope your well soon.:thumleft:

It can be uncomfortable because of the vibration this machine can set off through your ribcage and spine but nothing painful. It's kind of like the way a nitro fueler vibrates your entire skeleton but that's a good vibration.

demon seed said:
It can be uncomfortable because of the vibration this machine can set off through your ribcage and spine but nothing painful. It's kind of like the way a nitro fueler vibrates your entire skeleton but that's a good vibration.

So what demon is saying..if I follow..take a recording of a rippin burnout with you and when doc hits the throttle hit the play button and get lost..
Good luck, see ya on the return road!

I had the sound wave pulverizing done. Last year.
Some pain, my ***! Some discomfort, he lied and if I see that jack *** doc again, I'm kick'in is *** twice for lieing and one more time cause Vicodin is Freakin candy for the pain.
THIS IS the PAIN you want your enemy to have.
Made me cry out the name Jesus more than just a dozen times and NOT in vain mind you!

Man I feel for you dude. I just had one about 4 months ago. First one I ever had and hope it's the last. Nothing I ever had hurt as bad for so long as a kidney stone. Be shooting one up for you tonight. :prayer:

thanks all for the concern.
wow, seems like a few of us have delt with this.
i have had stones now for about 4 years, usually, they go naturally and just a few days of agony. This one is hangin on...about a month now.
The doc says to try to wait it out another week, then we will scan again and see where its at... at that time we will decide what proceedure needs to be done, they have not talked about blasting it yet, there is another proceedure that....doesnt sound all that pleasant either. Guess it all depends on how bad you hurt. So they gave me some new drugs that..so far...seem to be working, feel better now than i have in 3-4weeks. So, hopefully I can pass this sucker naturally and avoid any further "unpleasant" proceedures.

thanks!

-RPM

Hello RPM:
My daughter was mis-diagnosed with kidney stones early this year and want through an uncomfortable procedure to look up into the kidney. She was tough and got through it and you will too.

Best of luck

WELL! I feel like a new man.
Passed that sucker on my own.
for whatever reason after a month of hanging on its GONE!
sucker was approx the size of a BB . Largest I have ever had by 3X
I now get to send it to a lab where they can analyse its consistancey and
see if i can change diet or something to stop producing those.

thanks to all who cared! this sight is pretty cool that way!

-RPM

Glad to here your better. Drink bucket loads of water, it can only help.

Glad to hear you finally passed it man. Ditto on the water. That's what they told me too. After going through that I walk around with a bottle of water in my hand most of the time. They said soda is bad cause of the sugar in it. Mine was caused from a medicine I was taking. Mine was also about the size of a BB when it came out but I could have sworn it was more like a boulder when it was inside me.:shaking2:

RPM said:
WELL! I feel like a new man.
Passed that sucker on my own.
for whatever reason after a month of hanging on its GONE!
sucker was approx the size of a BB . Largest I have ever had by 3X
I now get to send it to a lab where they can analyse its consistancey and
see if i can change diet or something to stop producing those.

thanks to all who cared! this sight is pretty cool that way!

-RPM

See it worked, all the horror stories told just plain scarred the crap out of that stone and it said let me the hell out of here. Good to hear you're better RPM. If it happens again remember one very important work, and yelling it out helps. DEMORAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil2:

Oh man I know your pain. That is a painfull thing. I compared it to "passing a bowling ball through a pixie stick"

I`ve had three, three differant times, each time calcium based, figures out it was from sweating too much, dehydration, doctor told me too drink more lemonade during summer during high temp situations, the citric acid will disolve the stones as they appear, you develope them in a nano second during very rapid sweats in my case, country time dry powder has the highest percentage of citric acid, only if this is your case, type in kidney stones and see the list they say causes them, just about everything you eat.... the last one I passsed tore me up, bled for 24 hours.....LOL

well, since i have had these things for several years, I do drink lots and lots of water, concistantly, so who know, I do sweat alot while I work in the heat, but usually try to keep hydrated. ...havent heard that one yet, but it is a possiblilty, I have checked and know that there are hundreds of things that can cause these things including heridity. both my folks had them too.
I have heard that the citric acid does alot for them....will have to see what the lab says and see...i'm bettin on calcium based myself.

again, thanks to all, and if you ever get them (hopefully you wont) at least know your not alone.

man...you dont realize how "good" really feels.

-RPM

I passed a kidney stone about 5 years ago, calcium based and a little smaller than a bb ,but felt like I was passing a shard of glass. Bled some too, 180 degrees from an orgasm, that`s for sure! My father had kidney stones too. Here in Va. where I live the water is very hard and there`s a high incidence of kidney stones. A lady friend of mine had a staghorn stone. I don`t know if you`re familiar with them but they can be huge (as hers was) and fill up the entire ventricles of the kidney. Doctors had to pull her kidney out and cut it open to remove it. Soft water and acidic drinks will lower your chance of getting stones, but some people are predisposed to stones and there`s not much of a chance of avoiding them. I`m glad you`re feeling better , because when you don`t have your health, you don`t have much of anything else! Best regards.- John

-
Back