Not funny........but

-

retsud_043

Reaction score
Do we really want to drive a car like this one?

smart.jpg

Below is a photo of a wreck in Jefferson Parish, LA (near New Orleans ) between two trucks and a Smart Car.

Think I’ll pass on the Smart Car.:angry7:

smrt.jpg

smart.jpg

smrt.jpg

Somebody is giving false info.....it ain't a Smart car.

Smart car wheels have only 3 lug nuts. I should know as the company that I work for hauls them.
And I don't know of too many cars or trucks that would do good in that wreck.

Smart-1.jpg

your right the car that is smashed appears to have five.

Doubt it would have mattered if it were a smart car or an explorer ... 2 gravel trucks could pancake anything.

Looks like your knees are the crumple zones on these cars. Just put doors on a golf cart and you are good to go.

Screw that. At least on a motorcycle you might get thrown out of harms way if you're lucky. Those little things are like a coffin on wheels.

Did fairly well, but add about 800 pounds of people and luggage to the inertia of it and things could change a litle bit, eh?

They've been selling them here for a few years now { the city has even put in special little metered spots for them } they have a video of one being hit by a semi at highway speed and bouncing like a ball , the chassis holds up but the impact shock would turn your body to jello and the build quality sucks a fellow at work had one in the first year the dash discoloured and split from the sun the knobs ,buttons and switches kept breaking and the little diesel motors may burn clean when they are new but like every other diesel ever built they smoke like a chimney after a year or so of regular driving basicly they are a crappy toy at a real car price ,if you have to drive clean get a hybrid conversion we're seeing hydrogen hummers here now so why buy a dinky toy? when you can get a real car coversion, hell I know another guy with a 408 stroker in his work truck running on propane talk about a torque monster

I understand the concept of wanting to make a smaller more efficient car, but seriously folks anything that small is bound to not do well against large vehicles.......even VW Bugs fared better in crashes and still got good fuel mileage.....I still think and believe in my slant six that can get 25-28 miles to the gallon with a carburetor...just imagine with fuel injection and computer management..a slant would get gas mileage on the same level as a lot of fuel sippers built today, but we have the public convinced that they need small cars.........unless it has a Nascar approved cage and racing restraints it will never survive the crash nor will the occupants.....and my past experience of working in surgery, even mild injuries are more than what I or anyone wants to suffer......

On the pic above, it looks like it may have been a Focus.........

You won't see my butt in a Smart car. Ever.

But judging by the rims, that's either a Jeep Cherokee, or maybe a Chev PU.

Or should I say, was.

You won't see my butt in a Smart car. Ever.

But judging by the rims, that's either a Jeep Cherokee, or maybe a Chev PU.

Or should I say, was.

Does look like a Jeep. The spoke at about seven o'clock even looks like it might say Jeep on it. From the color, probably a Grand Cherokee.

It was sent to me saying it was a Prius, but Snopes reports that it was a Ford Escape -http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/smallcar.asp

"According to information from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office and various readers, the accident took place in May 2009 in Harvey, Louisiana, and involved a Ford Escape SUV, not (as is commonly reported) the smaller Smart Car. The impact did not occur dead center as apparently shown in the photograph: it was offset to the right, and thus the driver's side was not nearly as heavily damaged. The driver of the Ford survived the crash and has since been released from the hospital."

-
Back