Not getting spark

-

wildbillpk

Reaction score
Hi I have a 67 dart with a 360 that has electronic ignition. I am not getting any spark out of the coil. I have tried a new ballist resistor and a new coil and an ecu. I get 12v out of the box to one side of the ballist resistor in run position and get 7v out the other side to pos side of coil. Is there anything else I'm missing? I have tried searching a bunch of threads and have gotten ideas but haven't been able to come up with anything yet. Sorry I am kind of new to this. Thanks for any help.

the pickup in the dist might be bad. disconenct the plug fro mthe dist and touch a jumper wire between the 2 connectors on the box side of the plug. If everything else is good you should get a spark each time you short the 2 pins together.

so you have the black/ylw wire going to the - side of coil, blue/ylw wire to 12v side of ballast resistor, original wire to coil +. do you have a voltmeter? you need to check primary and secondary resistance @ coil. put it on ohms and check primary resistance by touching probes to + and - terminals. secondary is checked by touching one probe to either + or - terminal and the other touching the metal inside the coil tower.

Thanks for the help. It looks like the previous owner did some shady wiring when they switched to electronic ignition. Anyways fixed the wiring problems and it fires right up now.

You can check the pick up by unplugging it and with a multimeter checking it. I think it's a minimum of 3.75 (not sure on the location of the ".") ohms.

bill I have been sendinf email ..no reply..do you still need gas tank strap..if not I will refund money..

-
Back