Not to bad for less than two days work

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I rarely hit anything hard for two days in a row but I mounted this head up yesterday and it’s ready for chamber work and valve job. Then back on the table for short side sizing and blending. I guess I still have a few good days left in me.

IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1825.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

Looks good. Just let me know when you're ready for the slant 6 head. lol

John, in the intake ports....do you remove the big hunk of valve guide that protrudes into the bowl area or just leave it? If the flow is mainly on the bottom, in the SSR, does the protruding guide even affect flow. Asking because work like this just fascinates me even though I know very little about how head flow works. :)

John, in the intake ports....do you remove the big hunk of valve guide that protrudes into the bowl area or just leave it? If the flow is mainly on the bottom, in the SSR, does the protruding guide even affect flow. Asking because work like this just fascinates me even though I know very little about how head flow works. :)

I don’t totally remove the guide boss but I do remove and taper a lot of metal on the leading edge and sides. Should be able to stretch this picture bigger and see it. If not let me know and I’ll get a better picture.

IMG_1825.jpeg

-
Back