Not to bad for sitting out four weeks

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My one and only time trial for the weekend

8A2548E2-F035-4922-BEA2-F212DDDBEC49.jpeg

can't complain bout a -.004 hell of a reaction.. just need it to flip it to + though :)

that's bout a 9.44... Just curious what gears do you run for 1/8? 5.13 4.88? I used to not like 1/8 but i watch more and more of it and it makes sense if you like breaking parts less... (you would think)

that's bout a 9.44... Just curious what gears do you run for 1/8? 5.13 4.88? I used to not like 1/8 but i watch more and more of it and it makes sense if you like breaking parts less... (you would think)

I’m betting closer to a 9.30. My old 422 ram 5.98 and 9.38. This engine has gone 5.98 and is pulling way harder than my old engine. It had a solid lifter cam and an 850 carb. This engine has a roller cam and a 1000 cfm carb. My old engine was dead before 1000 foot.

4.88 rear gear and 14-32 slick.

Not bad? You’re joking right? That’s killing it after a little time off.

Well I charged the battery I keep in my motorhome to run an inverter for my Cpap. Well when I took the slow trickle charger off she was hot and I said ohhh boy. Well my Cpap quit at 2:30am. So winning first round not only saves me 150.00
But I can put my Cpap on and take a long nap while they finish first round then buybacks.

32CEEEFC-FA59-40A1-A098-93068C232970.jpeg

Last edited:
I watched it on YouTube live. Was sweet to watch you lay down a good lap. Keep it goin. Don’t nap too hard

[/QUOTE]
I used to think the same, but i find that I enjoy the eighth mile more. Easier on the car, easier on the eyes as a spectator, (poor vision, and the billboards are closer, lol)
The fact that my local 1/4 track closed, and my eighth is still open, might have something to do with it.....

I used to hate the thoughts of 1/8 mile racing but now I love it. It moves these programs with 400 plus cars along so much better.

It took the tracks awhile to get used to how to properly get the program ran but they know now. When the cars are staged and as they leave we are in the water box heating our tires.

The most important parts of a race are the starting line and the finish line. How many feet between means almost nothing.
But if I have to tap the brakes, I'd rather do it at 110 than 140.

The most important parts of a race are the starting line and the finish line. How many feet between means almost nothing.
But if I have to tap the brakes, I'd rather do it at 110 than 140.

I try to refrain from hitting the brakes as I’ve seen to many bad results. A racing friend just hit the guardrail several weeks ago from playing that game. I’m trying to learn the woomp womp. Game.

red lights suck but it means you’re set on kill mode. Can’t get mad over that.
I did this last week first round elimination (left lane car 6597)

IMG_9721.png

-
Back