Not too happy with my fans.....

-
The Question .....
Why did the fans that I use on my duster come out of a massive motorhome? What keeps that cool going over the mountains?
The Answer.... It over heated crossing the mountains and blew up, that's why they were available to you...…. :D

Okay I take one fan that's driven at 2500 RPMs by electricity and the same exact fan that's driven at 2500 RPMs buy a belt by the motor?
The belt would cool MUCH better. Here, I'll try to explain it to you with this question: If what covers your Fanny was held up by electricity, or a belt, which would be hotter ?????

:rofl::rofl:

ont

LITERALLY LOL HERE, A THOT CAME TO MY MIND , WONDERING IF U START SCREAMING IN UR ARGUMENTS, LIKE MY WIFE !--LOL CAN`T QUIT !!!!!
I'm not at all just, drinking coffee using my brain to think here. I can have an engine on a run stand, with a water wheel in a very near by river running a belt to a gear reduction fan in front of the radiator? No electricity and not driven by the motor. The fan still doesn't care...as long as the motor is happy.

This post went downhill like a fart in a fan storm.

STILL CHUCKLING HERE , GOTTA AGREE, NOT MUCH POINT TO IT . always LIKE J PARS COMMENTS !
I THINK MY KEYBOARD IS SCREWED UP !!
Throw in here j par >

The Question .....

The Answer.... It over heated crossing the mountains and blew up, that's why they were available to you...…. :D

The belt would cool MUCH better. Here, I'll try to explain it to you with this question: If what covers your Fanny was held up by electricity, or a belt, which would be hotter ?????

:rofl::rofl:
Now your just making crap up...

I'm not at all just, drinking coffee using my brain to think here. I can have an engine on a run stand, with a water wheel in a very near by river running a belt to a gear reduction fan in front of the radiator? No electricity and not driven by the motor. The fan still doesn't care...as long as the motor is happy.
What if...… you didn't turn the fan by anything, just let it sit there on a bearing to coast. Then, when you go down the road at 40 mph, the wind through the radiator turned the fan. Would that cool it as well??? After all, the fan doesn't care what turns it... ?????
:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

:lol:

What if...… you didn't turn the fan by anything, just let it sit there on a bearing to coast. Then, when you go down the road at 40 mph, the wind through the radiator turned the fan. Would that cool it as well??? After all, the fan doesn't care what turns it... ?????
:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

:lol:
That was a terrible attempt at the last word...

That was a terrible attempt at the last word...
Ok, I'll be serious. the difference is this: a belt driven fan has potential to move MUCH more cfm's because the fan is NOT driven by a belt, but a 400 hp motor (for example). An electric fan has a 1/4 horse motor, which limits the amount of air it is able to move.
  • Put a belt driven 7 blade clutch fan on the end of the peewey electric motor and see if it has the ability to turn it enough to make a breeze. The air it would be trying to pull would all but stop the stomper 4x4 motor.
  • That is why propeller airplanes have a combustion engine turning them. To move enough air, takes more than a bench grinder motor to get the plane off the ground. Besides, it would take a long extension cord to make it across a few states :D

Ok, I'll be serious. the difference is this: a belt driven fan has potential to move MUCH more cfm's because the fan is NOT driven by a belt, but a 400 hp motor (for example). An electric fan has a 1/4 horse motor, which limits the amount of air it is able to move.
  • Put a belt driven 7 blade clutch fan on the end of the peewey electric motor and see if it has the ability to turn it enough to make a breeze. The air it would be trying to pull would all but stop the stomper 4x4 motor.
  • That is why propeller airplanes have a combustion engine turning them. To move enough air, takes more than a bench grinder motor to get the plane off the ground. Besides, it would take a long extension cord to make it across a few states :D
Well it started out serious then you ended up with extension cords? LOL
a comparison of a quarter horsepower electric motor with a 400 horsepower belt driven fan?
planes are driven by gas powered motors because the technology for electric motors is still coming along.

Put a 400 horse electric motor on it! LOL metal would separate from itself going so fast....

And to further " Fan the Flames...."

I think this A-Body makes enough HP to show that the Factory setup can work
pretty well also.

pretty well also.

I will hundred percent agree the factory setup will hold a lot more horsepower then stock. That's never been any part of my discussion.

pretty well also.

AS RRR WOULD SAY : THAT`S BADASSERY RIGHT THERE !!!
ran a hemi for 14 yrs. with various diff. fans on it, all with a 318 radiator----------just sayin

I think with the technology of electric fans today it's just more of a preference.

I think with the technology of electric fans today it's just more of a preference.

Agreed.
For me I just like the old school mechanical thing. Much cooler !! ( can't believe I said that in this post LOL !!)

I am currently using the Summit Racing SUM-G4852 fans...
View attachment 1715241713

But upon further road testing, they just don't move enough air.....

I am going to give the Dorman 620-101 fan a try...
View attachment 1715241714

Any thoughts or opinions?

Jeff
I have that fan in my car I just use low speed until I get ac then will run both. It pulls good enough to blow dry your hair or suck a fart out.

1BEF0243-4982-46D4-B5A8-6838079D3079.jpeg
Not the best picture and I got rid of that chromalized upper hose.

No issue clearing the water pump ?

Jeff
I have about 1/8. “. When I get home tonight I will take pics and measure from rad support, radiator and fan to give you a good idea. I have an off brand radiator I got from Dillon Radiators online $142 been in there 7 years I run the car in traffic during the summer. (In Texas). I have a truck 5.7 the clutch fan would not clear. The fan motor is offset so it may sit the side of the pump as mine does

I have about 1/8. “. When I get home tonight I will take pics and measure from rad support, radiator and fan to give you a good idea. I have an off brand radiator I got from Dillon Radiators online $142 been in there 7 years I run the car in traffic during the summer. (In Texas). I have a truck 5.7 the clutch fan would not clear. The fan motor is offset so it may sit the side of the pump as mine does

Sounds great - thanks!

Jeff

-
Back