Notchback deck lid

-

blmopar1

Reaction score
Other then the holes for the rear trim panels is there any difference from a 67-69 notchback deck lid.

No sir. and the verts have the same deck lid as notch backs. The trim holes may not seem to be a big deal but there are a dang crowd of them. Some of them require access holes in the under structure metal too. So you might fill all the outer holes of one year model and drill nearly twice as many for the different year model.

I don't know enough about 67 Barracuda deck lids but with Darts 67's have a different bracing on the back side that is opened up as compared to 68-69 that is solid.

That's what I was suggesting. Even though body lines, etc.. match, the understructure may vary. If any member here has all 3 year models of notch back deck lids to visually compare , that'll be barracudakid

That's what I was suggesting. Even though body lines, etc.. match, the understructure may vary. If any member here has all 3 year models of notch back deck lids to visually compare , that'll be barracudakid

Here is the underside of a notchie 69 decklid. I have a rusty 67 I can get a picture of as well. Rod

IMG_3253.JPG

Here is a bottom side pic of a 67 notchie trunk lid. Rod

IMG_4524.JPG

Thanks for the info. I have a 69 notchback that needs a to be replaced. I bought a 67 and wanted to make sure they all fit.

So the next question will be the 2 holes for the fish in a ring ( I call that the plated fish ) on top of the 67 lid... Do I fill these holes or just install the 67 badge? Could be worse. The hole pattern in a 68 deck lid wouldn't play well at all. Good luck with it.

I don't know enough about 67 Barracuda deck lids but with Darts 67's have a different bracing on the back side that is opened up as compared to 68-69 that is solid.

Yeah this is true for 67-69 Barracudas....as pics above show
Externally the same except for the finish panels holes.

-
Back