Now I have a Valiant

-
Slant and trans are out. Some clean-up work and then in with the 340!
IMGP1708.JPG
IMGP1707.JPG

Great news, I put the slant and trans on craigslist, and a fellow Mopar fan needed it for his '73 Dart! He drove up from Colorado Springs yesterday morning, and we loaded them on his trailer. Feels good to be able to help him out. Woke up this morning to snow, so I wasn't thrilled to be working in the cold weather. After it warmed up this afternoon, I went in the garage to do some preparing for the installation. Next thing I know, the 340's in! Haven't been this motivated in a long time.
IMGP1711.JPG
IMGP1712.JPG
IMGP1714.JPG
Next up is stabbing the trans...

IMGP1712.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP1713.JPG
    IMGP1713.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 174
Looks good Brock, didn't do the trans with the motor? Big show Saturday, gona be ready?:poke:

Thanks Dave. I have done the trans swaps from the bottom since I got the lift stands. Didn't have to remove the hood for engine swap. I don't think it will be sorted by next Saturday. What show are you talking about?

Lincoln Tech. just funning with ya about having it ready. My stuff is still torn apart also.

No worries, gives me something to shoot for...I REALLY want to hear the 340 run!!! Secondly, driving it will be a plus also. I got used to the "Leaning Tower of Power". Looking to make the Valiant scoot! (Hopefully, fairly reliably too.)
:steering:

So I went over to Brock's Sunday afternoon and helped him stick the tranny, you can see the blue dipstick right behind the exhaust manifold, I thought he would've posted up something........just helping you out Brock, see you tonight at therapy!
Higgs

20190331_161041.jpg

So I went over to Brock's Sunday afternoon and helped him stick the tranny, you can see the blue dipstick right behind the exhaust manifold, I thought he would've posted up something........just helping you out Brock, see you tonight at therapy!
Higgs

View attachment 1715314886
Thanks again higgs, never had a transmission go in that easy from below! On the garage floor that is...:thankyou:

I will post some later today... have a look at my hood on mine and let me know what think

Yeah it’s a 68 hood with the snout cut off to fit a 69 Grill.

-
Back