NSS wiring diagram

-

razorback

Reaction score
anyone have a wiring diagram for the 3 prong switch? i need to find which one is neutral and which one is reverse. id test it in park/neutral but i cant, as shifter is not hookekd up yet..

also do i need a special shifter connector fora floor mount lokar shifter?

the center wire is for the NSS switch going to the starter relay, the outer 2 are for backup lights.

does it matter what goes to what? im assuming one is a constant 12v the other isnt?

?? nothing is constant hot. Yes it does matter of what goes to what. in the harness, the 2 reverse light wires go into the bulkhead connector, and the NSS wire goes to the starter relay, usually a brown wire.

does it matter what goes to what? im assuming one is a constant 12v the other isnt?

Just like to add the way the switch works for neutral safety is to ground the negative post on the starter relay. That completes it's circuit because positive voltage is fed to the other post on the relay through the key switch when you turn in to the "crank" position. The reverse section is wired just like a light switch in a house therefore it uses 2 wires. It simply breaks the positive circuit going to the reverse lights. Therefore 12 volts will be present on one of those wires when the shifter is placed in reverse.

red, i meant that there will be power to one of the switches at one time or another?

and the shifter thing, on mancini it shows there is a required "bracket" that goes on the gear selector on the trans where the shifter linkage goes.. do even aftermarket floor shifters require those? it says in the description required for floor shifters..

im using the trans/nss from an 85 truck with 727 if that matters.

that is for aftermarket trans.if yours has a plug you dont need it. NSS I thought Nostalgia Super Stock lol

anyone have a wiring diagram for the 3 prong switch? i need to find which one is neutral and which one is reverse. id test it in park/neutral but i cant, as shifter is not hookekd up yet..

also do i need a special shifter connector fora floor mount lokar shifter?

you could undo the shift lever at the trans and click the gears off with the lever

-
Back