Nubie Question?

-

73dust

R.E.D.
Reaction score
Can I access drivers side windshield wiper arm assembly if I remove dash instrument cluster? The arm disconnected or broke on drivers side & I can't get to it from under dash because of clutch break pedal assembly, 1973 duster, 340, four speed. Thanking You in advance for any tip you can give me.

Yes. Through the inst' panel opening is about the only way to get there.
Read up and/or ask questions if you haven't removed the cluster before.
And consider replacing all of the nylon ball sockets in the wiper linkage. They all have the same age and wear, and sold in packages of 3 for this reason.

Welcome Dust, Glad to have ya so make your self at home and ask all the questions you want. We're here to help if and when we can.
Small Block

Yes. Through the inst' panel opening is about the only way to get there.
Read up and/or ask questions if you haven't removed the cluster before.
And consider replacing all of the nylon ball sockets in the wiper linkage. They all have the same age and wear, and sold in packages of 3 for this reason.
great post

Redfish is correct.. I had to replace the bushings in my 73 Duster.. I have an Automatic, But I can tell you for the small cost of the bushings and the amount of time it takes to change them its worth it to do them all.. Make sure once you get the bushing in place and the arm(s) snug into the bushing, use a pair of pliers/channelocks to squeeze and "snap" the bushings in place. I thought I had mine done correctly turned on the wipers only to find it all fell apart because I didn't squeeze bushing and arm tightly with pliers to seat the bushing.. Good - Luck!

-
Back