Numbers??

-

504DusterIR

Reaction score
Hey how Y'all doing, I pulled my engine out an took it apart Came across some numbers ,Have a feeling what some mean,Some I don't any info would be nice.

IMG_20230902_171519.jpg

IMG_20230902_171434.jpg

IMG_20230902_171420.jpg

IMG_20230902_171349.jpg

Not sure what you mean. That's just a casting number that is on all 318 motors.
Well, not all of them. They changed through the years. It's correct for a '74 however, and many more years.

There's probably some industrial and marine versions too. I never did write those down for some reason. The marine ones I had were all complete rusted out junk, so they got scrapped. I only had a couple industrial ones from motorhomes, and one from a pump. Never had a request for one of them, so, they ended up going over the scales.

There's probably some industrial and marine versions too. I never did write those down for some reason. The marine ones I had were all complete rusted out junk, so they got scrapped. I only had a couple industrial ones from motorhomes, and one from a pump. Never had a request for one of them, so, they ended up going over the scales.
Ya I bet there are quite a few. The Galen books don't include much if it isn't performance related. Next to no slant 6 stuff. Industrial and marine info is almost nil.

-
Back