O.K. school me

-

cudafan

Reaction score
Here's my problem guys. My Duster was gutted in the engine bay by the PO and was orginally an a/c car. It had no heater hoses going to the firewall, I've just got it back from paint and putting it back together and would like to drive it. I've put heater hoses to the heater core and an a/c vacuum controll switch in the larger line to block the hot water off when in a/c or vent mode. the problem is all the doors seem to be working but the heater core is getting so hot it'll burn you if you touch it and all that heat, even with the heater door closed is coming through the vents and heating up my fresh air! And yes I've changed the hoses the vacuum cutoff switch is on.
Any advice? Help!:dontknow:

cheap and dirty fix, manual valve under the hood.

in the photo, on the passenger side you can see the red handle.

Possiblities are heater hoses reversed and/or shut-off valve plumbed in reverse, assuming valve works.

The valve is going to be more effective with the flow going in one direction than the other. The one I put in the 73 wasn't marked with flow directions. It took a little doing to figure out what the optimum stop flow setup was going to be.

Thanks to everyone who replied! My hoses were crossed! PTL!
Thanks Again:cheers:

-
Back