OE Plug Wire Separator 67 Dart 273

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone have photos of OE plug wire separators used on a 67 Dart 273 2bbl?
Im not talking the ones that attach to the valve covers. But ones that would be floating. Currently i have one on the passenger side that is a square 4 wire and a streight 4 wire in the driver's side. I dont think either is OE but cant say for sure.
Thanks

Those are correct, the passenger side valve cover should have the banana snap in style that locks to the valve cover but for some reason they used the "Hemi" grommet style on the driver side.

Alan

This is the correct one for the drivers side. I don't know/believe there is any on the passenger side. What kind of holders are on the tabs on the valve covers?
plug wire separator.jpg

These are both OEM, I had them on my since the 80's, was pulling them off Mopars back then as well, as mentioned one on one side the other on the other side, just can't recall which side is which. (I have a note somewhere)
2018-08-02_004.jpg

The other odd one was the use of different retainers on the valve covers, again this was contestant with all the 67's I found in the yards.
2018-08-02_003.jpg

Alan

That is amazing. That is exactly what mine has. I assumed the floating ones were aftermarket.. i knew the valvecover banna ones were OE as they still had their red paint on them. The drivers side round ones i thought were not oe as they had no paint on them.

That is amazing. That is exactly what mine has. I assumed the floating ones were aftermarket.. i knew the valvecover banna ones were OE as they still had their red paint on them. The drivers side round ones i thought were not oe as they had no paint on them.

The OE ones should not be painted. They are natural nylon color.

These should be correct for the valve covers. The individuals were only used on the 65 and 66 HP engines. (I believe)
plug wire loom.jpg

Last edited:
These should be correct for the valve covers. The individuals were only used on the HP engines. (I believe)View attachment 1715206311
Thats news to me, Mike. I thought they used the one piece ones on '67 covers (2 or 4bbl) because they have the little slot in the valve cover bracket for the holders to snap in to...

8736163.jpg
292621407052_1.jpg

**1st pic Photo credit...Phoenix Specialty Coatings...thx Leanna.

I believe the individual ones were used on '64-'66 covers...no little slots

Thats news to me, Mike. I thought they used the one piece ones on '67 covers (2 or 4bbl) because they have the little slot in the valve cover bracket for the holders to snap in to...

View attachment 1715206330View attachment 1715206331

I believe the individual ones were used on '64-'66 covers.

Good call. I should have said "up to 1966" on the individuals.

The OE ones should not be painted.
All I can tell you is that the banana style ones I have on my dart are painted red. The engine was rebuilt in the 80's and painted blue Lucky many of the OE parts were not on the engine when they painted it blue. It had 4 individual round on the drivers side and Banana on the pass side. The banana style were painted, the round ones were not. but i do have one straight 4 wire and one square 4 wire floating wire separator like in the photos.

View attachment 1715206330View attachment 1715206331

I believe the individual ones were used on '64-'66 covers...no little slots
Yes they have the slots.

I am 100% sure I am correct on this, I got this car as a very well maintained survivor from my Grandfather in the 80's
At that time I noticed these details, both the wire retainers on the valve covers and the floating ones.
At that time I looked at cars in the yards (when they were prevalent) and found this to be contestant on every 67 A-Body I looked at.
A little while back I acquired a 67 Valiant 4-door with a 273 that was quite original, highly doubt somebody swapped the retainers in a way that was identical to my car.

As Acquired...
2004-06-06_31.jpg

As seen on eBay (prior to me touching it, not my picture):
2004-05-14_11.jpg

Alan

Last edited:
I appreciate the mention but that's actually @krazykuda's photo of my work that he sent back to me when he got them. I've done up dozens of Commandos but only a couple pairs for a Dalmatian owner ... he gave them The Spot Check. :thumbsup:

That's ok, Leanna, you do deserve the credit for the work that you put into them...

They turned out looking brand new.... It's your attention do detail and your effort to do top quality work...

-
Back