OEM Type Bolt Kit for Slant Six

-

Walt Jackson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to put together a kit using Doug Dutra’s helpful “Bolt Size and Tightening Information - 170, 198 & 225 Slant Six Engine,” published 1-29-20 and available on the .org site.

The McMaster-Carr catalog shows bolts available with and without a non-removable washer, like some of the OEM bolts.

Short of removing all the bolts from an unmolested engine, is there another way to tell which bolts come with a washer and which do not?

Should I source the bolts from McMaster-Carr, or look elsewhere?

The only kit I can find online contains only stainless-steel bolts. I'd prefer something as close to OEM as possible.

TIA

–Walt Jackson

Have you tried ARP. I know they have bolt kits for the v8's.

I bought a stainless bolt kit for my /6 from feebay.
Some were factory style with the washer under the head, others were regular bolts with separate washers.
It didn't include head bolts, rod or main cap bolts.
Nor was the timing sprocket bolt there.
I had bought a basket case of an engine in pieces, and it was missing a bunch of hardware

Are you on the Facebook Slant Six group? I posted a PDF of the correct (as I could) bolts from AMK for the slant to make a kit in the Files section.

Are you on the Facebook Slant Six group? I posted a PDF of the correct (as I could) bolts from AMK for the slant to make a kit in the Files section.
No. Could you please post it here?

Thanks.

--Walt Jackson

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks very much!

--Walt Jackson

-
Back