OER RADIATOR

-
Somehow those posts weren’t on when I typed mine. Thank u for the explanation. If he drilled a hole in it that means he tried to fit it and he had the same issues you are having but neglected to tell you. C as use you certainly wouldn’t of bought it then. You have to ask the right questions or you won’t get the answers your looking for. I feel your pain. Kim
It wasn't there when I posted mine either.

I had to go with recoring my old aftermarket radiator. I did take both radiators into the one shop that is left locally. We couldn't do anything with that radiator, I do not know what is. I could have gotten a Glen Ray radiator for what I have in them now. That's how it goes in the real world .
Thanks guys.

You can always ask him if he will help you out. It can’t hurt to ask as you have nothing to lose. Any decent person would help you out. Or take it back and offer a refund. Kim

I bought the above radiator offered for sale. I have no recourse in his feedback profile, because we did the transaction through PM. I bought this radiator as an OER bolt in replacement for my '72 Dart. It was not. I did not ask for a refund, nor did the seller offer to buy it back. In fact, I haven't heard a word from him. I am out $500. This is the 2nd time on FABO that I have been burned, doubt that I will ever buy anything again either. Leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth.
Click his profile name, view feedback, add feedback. All you need to do is use this thread as your "link". That is of course if you have already sent him a PM and tried to work it out like men...

I've had my finged singed a little a couple times, but that's neither here nor there. Let's see if we can help you move on by figuring out what you have.

If you have either of the radiators mentioned in the first post, they will not work in a '72. However someone with a '68 or '69 would probably quit ewilling to buy it from you.
OER is a misleading trade name because its easily confused as OEM, an abreviation used for decades by antique and classic car restorers as well as the industry.
MA2246A - 1967-69 Mopar A-Body Small Block V8 With Automatic Trans 3 Row Replacement Radiator
This item is 1968-9 v-8 A-body replacement. Prossibly ok for '67 other than the fan shroud fit.

Radiator 2949066
if this is what you have, Steve said that's a '69. Again not for your '72 but is fairly valuable, even just for parts. Glen Ray will certainly give you something for it.

if you have something else, post it up - start a new thread - ask what its for and I'm sure people will help out.
I had a few #s Rads from 70 and 71 E body's. Thought they were worth something for cores to the #s guys. A buddy of mine said they repop em w/ Numbers, and they really ain't worth crap. I scrapped some, and used some to rehab a custom one built by Mileys outta Ybor for the ol Sat

I had a few #s Rads from 70 and 71 E body's. Thought they were worth something for cores to the #s guys. A buddy of mine said they repop em w/ Numbers, and they really ain't worth crap. I scrapped some, and used some to rehab a custom one built by Mileys outta Ybor for the ol Sat
Could be. The bubble top ones are hard ones to get. Its good you were able to get a custom rad rehabbed. I have a custom squaretop I've kept as back up that needs rehab. Honestly I've been so happy to have a bubbletop in the car ('67) I've basically forgotten about it.

Could be. The bubble top ones are hard ones to get. Its good you were able to get a custom rad rehabbed. I have a custom squaretop I've kept as back up that needs rehab. Honestly I've been so happy to have a bubbletop in the car ('67) I've basically forgotten about it.
Yessir, the guy moved the lower hose for me to the otherside of one too. Last time I was out that way, the shop was gone. He still had his Daddys old vat ( giant cauldron) in there

Would it be ok to fill the trans cooler tubes with trans fluid and then cap them?

I don't think so. As the transmission fluid that is trapped inside the cooler it will expand with the coolant heat and will create hydraulic force on the cooler, then it will create a vacuum force when cooled off.

I would buy brass plugs and drill very small holes (like around .030") in them just to allow the empty cooler to vent.

-
Back