Off-set for Cragars on 1974 Dart.

-

Button

74 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
We're thinking of getting Cragar S/S rims for our 74 Dart Swinger. The car has the 14 inch ralleye's, 5X4.5 BP. We want to run 14X6 on the front and 14X7 on the rear. What off-set would I need and is it the same front and rear?

100_8681.jpg

No one ever responded to this question so I went on a blind purchase off of E-Bay. We got an immaculate set of 14X7 for $305 and as you all can see, they really set the car off nicely. Below is what we posted under the "Restorations" section of this site. If anyone has questions about off-set, etc, just ask and I'll post it here or in our continueing thread in the restorations section.
"Well today we got the Cragars mounted, much to my sons delight! I have to say, I liked the ralleye's but the S/S's realy set off the car. We used the same tires, (205-70X14 front and 225-70X14 rear) that were on the ralleye's and they fit great. I think since the rims are 7 inches wide, rather than the 5.5 stock, they make the tires appear "fatter" which enhances the looks. Even the neighbors commented on the cars improved looks. I'm sure once he starts driving to school once he's 16, he'll get plenty more comments as well."

000_0976.jpg

000_0977.jpg

000_0978.jpg

000_0981.jpg

000_0982.jpg

i too would agree with the front drop a little,but not until your son is a little more experienced at driving the car.Speed bumps and such are killer on oil pans with the nose down much,lol

Nothing like a set of Cragar SS rims to bring any car to life! That kid is itching to drive that car you can tell! The first pic of him washing it looks like he's pushing it into the driveway. :)

Yeah the Cragars do make a huge difference! I believe we will put the car in a car show in two weeks. Probably in an "under Construction" class or something comparable. Hard to believe that its only been 7 months since we picked up the car for $1,000 from the original owner here in central Texas and we've been able to accomplish what we have so far with some elbow grease and TLC. These last two pictures show the car when we found her in a front yard in the country.

000_0988.jpg

74 Dodge rear.jpg

hood up.jpg

WOW!!You and your son have done good together!The Cragers look good,but I,m a rally rim guy,my prefferance.Good luck at the shows!

I believe we will keep the current height due to my sons lack of driving experience. However we do plan to replace all the front suspension goodies since they are all dry-rotted / sagging. Does anyone know of a good all-inclusive kit that will re-build the whole front end at a decent price?
We're going to put the car in a show at the local Dodge dealer this weekend if the weather holds out.

-
Back