Off to pick up another dart

-

Mrmopartech

Reaction score
Saturday at 5 am its off to pick up a nother 67 dart gt from one of the members in syracuse NY.Me and friend are taking my Dodge ram 1500 and trailer to pick it up and bring it back to Montreal.I don,t expect to many problems bring it back,its the dump *** border people that boughter me the most.You know when they ask,what type of car it is,where was it made,why are you buying it,and you present all types of papers and still don,t know what the hell you are taking about,Mrmopartech

Hey hey good catch...damn I love these 67-68-69 Dart. The front of that car is gorgeous... :thumleft:
Is the car in good shape?

If it is in good shape, won't have much time to run it before winter...sadly! Gotta love these feets of snow and the -30...

Good luck with the haul and the border cops. My next project is a 67 Dart GT that I've owner for about 20 years. It was a daily driver for quite a few years, then I stripped it down for a resto, but life kind of got in the way, and a divorce, then kidney failure kind of kept me out of the car world for about 12 years. Once the 66 is finished then the 67 GT gets a built 400. Let's see some photos and hear your build plan when you get it North of the 49th parallel. :)

The 67 is in the drive way and we got the regy for it.We should have sent the papers from the owner to the border 72 hours before getting the car,to let them do their paper work,and the same for the canadian side as well,but we got the right people and 45 minutes later we where in canada and on our way home.Allot of great parts on the car,interior is in excellent shape,doors,glass,moldings,fenders,motor and tranny,grill is perfect,bumpers,and what was in the trunk.While we are looking over the car we see the frame and front rails are toast,but we go in the trunk,the tire well is perfect,whats in the tire well,the origanal tire,rim,jack,and the cardboard cover all in mint shape,I am talking not one water drop on the board,and the origanal sticker on the tread saying the size and manufacturer mark with the rubber nipples still on the tire,lets say its going to be sold to a member here if they need that tire and rim,if not,EBAY bound.I will take some pics and post them tommorow,Mrmopartech

Allright!! Good snag. I haven't done much border crossing in the past few years, but when I was long haul trucking back in the 80's, advance sending the paperwork to the broker at the border crossing ensured a speedy crossing. Otherwise, you were at the mercy of either the niceperson, or anal retentive person ,on duty when you arrived at the border. That usually meant you had time to get at least 8 hours of sleeper time. :)

This is the car we picked up on saturday.mrmopartech

67 dart 270.jpg

-
Back