-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swingn’71

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for an offenhauser 5615 dual quad intake manifold. 1966 and up small block bolt angle. Anyone know if it is possible or practical to machine or reangle the 64-65 intakes to the later heads ?? Thanks.

Yes it is possible. I hacked mine up to fit standard LA angles.

Yes it is possible. I hacked mine up to fit standard LA angles.
Thanks for the info, when you say “hacked” up did the bolt hole size have to get crazy to line it up ?? Did you do it by hand or mount it in a bridge port or some other machine. The reason I ask is I have access to a 5488 version and that is what I would have to do to it also. Anyway thanks for any info you have.

My intake is a Edelbrock in line dual plane dual quad.

I opened up the bolt size with a hand held drill as to fit the later larger LA bolts. There was s otherwise no issue with it line up of holes.

I used a dremel to re angle to the intakes angle where the bolt head fits. It is not a pretty job but it is good enough that the intake doesn’t leak oil with uncoated hardware.

(Some guys have problems with oil leaking up the intake bolts and spilling on the intake when the engine is running.)

My intake is a Edelbrock in line dual plane dual quad.

I opened up the bolt size with a hand held drill as to fit the later larger LA bolts. There was s otherwise no issue with it line up of holes.

I used a dremel to re angle to the intakes angle where the bolt head fits. It is not a pretty job but it is good enough that the intake doesn’t leak oil with uncoated hardware.

(Some guys have problems with oil leaking up the intake bolts and spilling on the intake when the engine is running.)
10-4 I get ya, will probably go that route if I can’t find the one I am after. Good to talk with someone that has actually done it. Can not thank you enough for the info.

@Swingn'71

I hope these drivers side front to rear images aren’t to overwhelming. I have reduced it 3 times to the smallst I can. I pictured stock bolts for further reference. You can see I left the end of the area high up. This is how much material was removed from the bolt head pad on the Edelbrock. I do not know how the Weiand is cast/set up. But it would take this amount or so to adjust the angle of the intake to the later “LA’ head bolt angle. Some guys, (I wonder if they actually do this stuff….) suggested or said they cut there own aluminum wedges to adjust the bolt head. Sorry, I don’t get it.
Middle, back, front w/bolts and then without.
IMG_0033_2.jpg
IMG_0034.jpg
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_0036.jpg
IMG_0037.jpg
IMG_0038.jpg
IMG_0039.jpg
IMG_0040.jpg

@Swingn'71

I hope these drivers side front to rear images aren’t to overwhelming. I have reduced it 3 times to the smallst I can. I pictured stock bolts for further reference. You can see I left the end of the area high up. This is how much material was removed from the bolt head pad on the Edelbrock. I do not know how the Weiand is cast/set up. But it would take this amount or so to adjust the angle of the intake to the later “LA’ head bolt angle. Some guys, (I wonder if they actually do this stuff….) suggested or said they cut there own aluminum wedges to adjust the bolt head. Sorry, I don’t get it.
Middle, back, front w/bolts and then without.View attachment 1715105773View attachment 1715105774View attachment 1715105775View attachment 1715105776View attachment 1715105777View attachment 1715105778View attachment 1715105779View attachment 1715105780
I get it, you worked the base of the hole to get the angle to come up a little.. I may go down this road if I can’t find the intake I am after. Thanks for the info and help....Mark.

Just remember, if you are running a 340 or 360, neither the early or later intake has the large size ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back