Offenhauser Dual Port 360 - run it or scrap it?

-
might I suggest; lol
This is just a question;
Small Closed-chamber Alloy heads, a solid lifter cam, and something like the tall KBs that need to be machined, to set the cylinder pressure to around 185psi. This should run on 87 gas.
I have a set of Speedmaster heads for it, probably going with a hydraulic roller cam, something like Howard's 710525-10 or Hughes SER3034ALN-10. Gonna call both before I decide, ability to run on 87 pump gas would be a plus but I'm OK with running 91 if it would let me make a decent power increase.

I have a set of Speedmaster heads for it, probably going with a hydraulic roller cam, something like Howard's 710525-10 or Hughes SER3034ALN-10. Gonna call both before I decide, ability to run on 87 pump gas would be a plus but I'm OK with running 91 if it would let me make a decent power increase.

Running ANY a carb’d engine on 87 is an absolute travesty. Do some research before you marry your build to junk **** fuel.

The laws controlling what’s in pump gas allow for way more fillers and junk (and allow the blender much more latitude in using junk) in 87 than in pump premium.

And don’t buy the BULLshit that cranking compression makes one iota of a difference in how much compression you can run. It doesn’t.

Think your build through very hard before you hook yourself to some catalog cam. It doesn’t matter whose name is on it.

There are some compromises that can’t be make. One of those is compression ratio/cam timing/fuel.

You will make or break you build mission that one area.

-
Back