Official Eary A-body Picture thread

-
DSCN5754.JPG

and FYI - I had my 65 cuda back window tinted, it was done in the car, having 2 seams , from side to side, as opposed to the fromt to back method that was mentioned before.... lol I still remember thier faces when i told them I wanted it tinted... they quoted me a price over the phone, and by the look on thier face, they lost money that day...!

heres the only pic I have of it - its still in primer at the time. and the one in the foreground, is my current purple 66 when I got it.

site1066.jpg

JohnnyDart,

That is a really sweet looking set-up you have in your Dart. Makes me seriously reconsider keeping the /6, 904 set-up I have now! What kind of power are you making with the Clifford manifolds and 4bbl?

Jonah

Well I have never had the car on a dyno,so I cant tell you the exact HP.However I have a stock 318 70 Dart and the /6 car will give it a run for it's money.If your not careful this car will suprise you. :thumbup:
It's alot of fun to drive,and gets alot of attention at the shows.

toolmanmike said:
I haven't been around the web-site for a while. I put my Dart away for the winter and lost some ambition I guess. Here's my 66 GT driver. It was born 41 years ago today. Mike

I love the color on your car, it looks almost like a satin finish. What color is that?

Here's mine ... I just got it. I have lots to do to it but it runs and it is very solid. 225 Slant 6 with auto. I'm getting it ready for a Maaco paint job (1/2 off in Jan around here). Interior is trashed but I had a parts car just for that reason.

I also posted this in the members resotations (including the rather poor pic). I'll keep everyone informed of the progress.

Rich

MVC-006F.JPG

Last summer when I took out the old P.O.S. 273 and put in a freebee 318...

Img_8665.jpg

Resize of IMG_8670.JPG

Img_8696.jpg

Johnny Dart! Nice car you have! I saw it on Spring Fling in 2005. Beautiful car. Is it a 270 or a GT?

I have a GT conv with 273 /hurst four-on-the-floor. 135 unit made

I havent posted in a long time. I havent did much on my 64 dart gt convert other than take the fenders off. Ive been trying to finish out my basement so its side tracked me abit.

Im doing something really different with my 64. Im updating it with a 5.7 hemi, 5 speed manual or automatic (havent decided on that one), Alterktion front suspension, 65 Dodge Monaco Dash, 65 Dodge Monaco full length console, 66 dart bucket seats and 22" rims.....just kidding, 17" rims probably polished salt flat specials. Ive been getting all kinds of parts for my car, like trim pieces, rechromed bumpers, and interior stuff. I even baught some brakes for the front. I still have a long list of things to buy.

The first two pics are of the Monaco gauge clusters in thier housing, which comes out of the Monacos dash. Its just about where it will be when the dash is cut down to fit the 64. I took pics of the console, but havent downloaded them on my computer yet, but this console is even longer then the regular consoles in the Polaras. Instead of the console stopping just behind the seat it will go to the back seat, and even inbetween them a few inches. To achieve this, im either gonna have the dash cut down to fit at a shop, or im gonna take some welding and fab classes and buy a welder and do it myself. Ive always wanted to learn how to weld, and it might save me some money on the mods i want to do. I dont need the dash swap, but when i saw the monaco dash I thought it would look awsome in my car.

The third pic is of an actual Monaco/Polara interior. The forth is a pic from last summer. Im 32, and i gave myself a goal of 40 to have the car done, but id like to get it done yesterday. I dont have tons of money, so i buy a few bits at a time. I wont buy my engine or tranny until im almost ready for them (a few years down the road). Gonna take awhile to get it done, but when its done im taking my 64 on long drives down two lane black top roads with the top down and the wind in my hair.

I like seeing everyones cars they look awsome. Keep the pics coming

000_0281smll.jpg

smllguage.jpg

86_3smll.jpg

small64.jpg

Here is my current project. It is a '63 Dart. I have a 400 stroker with a Hemi 4 speed and a Dana 60. I plan on using max wedge exhaust manifolds. I just picked up a disc brake conversion.

I just moved so I haven't had any time to complete the mockup of the big block. Because of that I may just put in a 360 to enjoy the car.

The interior is original and very nice. It is also a radio delete car.

Mike

right.jpg

right-side.jpg

front-rt-seat.jpg

back-seat.jpg

az426hemi said:
Here is my current project. It is a '63 Dart. I have a 400 stroker with a Hemi 4 speed and a Dana 60. I plan on using max wedge exhaust manifolds. I just picked up a disc brake conversion.

I just moved so I haven't had any time to complete the mockup of the big block. Because of that I may just put in a 360 to enjoy the car.

The interior is original and very nice. It is also a radio delete car.

Mike

Mike, the big block isnt really that hard. heres a 383 block in my 66 cuda. soon to be a stroker.
that dart is TOO COOL!

6pack air cleaner.jpg

engine top view.JPG

I haven't posted in a while, been doin tha boat thang, but have finally got my wagon about 90% painted...Heer iz a couple pics before I finished painting tha body...a befo and after

PB130439.JPG

closer3.JPG

PB130438.JPG

66-3.jpg

ill try to post a pic of my 66 se if it appears,,img]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/ratenxs/Scan0002.jpg[/img]

Mine is still in the shop getting painted Midnight Metallic Blue. Here is a before picture. In desperate need of rear springs. Sagging pretty bad after 41 years.
l_5f2792c87661c9295ae3b31a9d4a0b9b.jpg

T-REX said:
I haven't posted in a while, been doin tha boat thang, but have finally got my wagon about 90% painted...Heer iz a couple pics before I finished painting tha body...a befo and after

Any chance of you taking pics of the inside of your wagon? id like to see the ceiling, sides, and floor from inside, from the front to the back. Basically the inner structure of the car.

T-Rex that wagon will be hot, what are your plans for the power plant? Dave Make sure you post the pics of the new paint when it's done. I love progress even if it's not mine!

heres my new toy :happy2:
its a formula S but has been fitted with a 318 at some point
the puncture in one of the inner fenders looks like something has reached escape velocity in there at some point :shock: so I probably wont bother attempting to find my original 273....

dcp_3134_186_106.jpg

dcp_3138_831_105.jpg

dcp_3136_235_162.jpg

dcp_3144_657_132.jpg

dcp_3142_105_189.jpg

Dodgenut64, here is the inside pics I have...They are sum befo and after, but not finished...Theres no headliner in these pics, but will give U an ideer ov the basic structure...I changed the dash by replaceing the stock inst. panel with one I made on my mill, and I added a console, which I built...The steering column iz outta a 71 dart, put's tha switch on the column and outta tha dash...I juss hate bein normal!!

70dart, thanks ...az U kan tell, I don't like bien like tha crowd, so I figgered beinz This car haz been in the family since new, and a ONE yeer car, I could make it a one ov a kind fairly easy...I'mm 97% complete, so when I'm thru, I'll post sum pics...Hopefully in a couple weekz(maybe sooner if it warms up, quits rain'in, and...U kum help me sand sum cleer.....I hate sand'in!!) Oh, power is a 318 (approx 300hp)...A/C, PB,PS auto w/2500 converter...

floorair2.jpg

P4180555.JPG

PB130440.JPG

console.jpg

PB140441.JPG

MVC-914F.JPG

P4180556.JPG

-
Back