Offset Shackles

-

68dart340

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at offset shackles for my '68 Dart. The only suspension mods so far are SS springs, what is the widest tire and wheel I could fit on the back with these.

The summit part number is DCC-4120075.

Check out the tech section on www.bigblockdart.com You will find everything you need on this subject over there. There is also a thread on front & rear tire/wheel combos that are in use on members cars

To use those shackles, you also need the corresponding hangers which is part number DCC-4120077 in the Summit catalog. Plus to do it right you will need to move the spring perches in on the axle housing about 3/4" on each side.

Shackles - $58
Hangers - $129
Spring perches - $13
welding labor - $$

The maximum tire width would be about 2 sizes wider than the maximum for the stock spring location... that assumes your wheel backspacing increases the same amount.

Or you could get the Spring Relocation Kit and get approx 3" on each side for $120 plus welding labor. Combine this with a mini-tub and you can fit 12.5" tires with no problem

I found that Mancini has the mopar performance parts cheaper than Summit and it is enough to cover the freight in most cases. I also buy from Bob Mazzolini, he doesn't rape you and he knows mopars and races them.

-
Back