Offset small block rocker arms

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any rockers, but FYI, I'm pretty sure the offset is a little different between T/A and W-2 rockers.

Yes it is different, I am relocating the pushrods on some j heads, so doesn't matter to me, really its about what ever one I can find, don't really want aluminum rockers, but they will work.

Ok.
Just curious, but will you be filling the old pushrod hole and porting out the "pinch"?

Ok.
Just curious, but will you be filling the old pushrod hole and porting out the "pinch"?

that was the plan, but i just finished porting the pinch down to where the brass tube is that I installed in the pushrod port. I dont think there is much further to go unless I completely reshape the port, and that is out of my league.

that was the plan, but i just finished porting the pinch down to where the brass tube is that I installed in the pushrod port. I dont think there is much further to go unless I completely reshape the port, and that is out of my league.

So what did you use to tube the holes and how?

You can get 280's IME without going beyond the factory placed push rod hole wall, it will be about .030 thick though when you are done.

Do you have pics?
how much do they flow so far?

So what did you use to tube the holes and how?

You can get 280's IME without going beyond the factory placed push rod hole wall, it will be about .030 thick though when you are done.

Do you have pics?
how much do they flow so far?

I found the tube at home depot that you told me about, it is like .040 thick though, pushrod should fit if not I will trim the tube down, easier than I thought.

I don't have a flow bench, so I quite possibly could be hurting them, but I doubt it. When it is all said and done I will take them to get flowed, but this dude wants 20 dollars a hole, that sounds like b.s.

I can get you some pics tomorrow.

ports have got to be the hardest thing to take a picture of, if you get the light wrong it makes them look like they covered in mud and rust, so forgive the pictures.I know from the pictures it looks like there is still a pinch after the brass tube, but there is not, I can't get the right angle on the camera, if I do the other side looks jacked (in the picture). Definitely look like they will move a lot more air.

And no I have not done the gasket matching yet or the final clean up (there are some bumps that need to be addressed), got to let my crappy compressor rest, took a lot of metal off today.

any idea on what they will flow?

should I move the pushrod hole any way and reshape the whole port with epoxy?

Attachments

• IMG_0327.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0329.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 286
Did you epoxy them?

Aim the guides at the port window more, think straight flow & work the ssr at the straight wall but leave it tall & rounded bt sorta blunt.

they may flow 240cfm from what i can see in the pics,but they might also drop off at .4-.450.
what do the bowls & ssr look like?

second one is the before picture of the pinch

Attachments

• P1010605.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 268
  • P1010608.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 273
  • P1010601.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 280
  • P1010590.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 268
you are not going to find TA rockers cheap....the ductile iron w2 non bushed are probably the cheapest...

as said about they have a greater offset then the TA rockers..

I have been informed by good sources that a set of econo w2 rockers will be on ebay starting saturday afternoon.....

Watch out, the radius need to be gradual on the ssr of the straight wall, otherwise it will jump it like a launch ramp, try and start it's decent back where the shorter sideoff the push rod wall starts.
Im not good at explaining it, hope it makes sense to you.

Your saying on the non pushrod side of the port the downward slope needs to be more gradual, right? Not that that is my intention but, won't that cause desired swirl?

It's the straight side ssr where it go's up the wall, when I flow ports that look like yours [from what I see in the pics] I find the flow peaking at/around .450/.475 and falling off to turbulence from there.
What are your intentions for how high a lift these heads will flow?

Steep turn where? Damn it this is hard to describe with typed words.

Are you talking about where the bottom of the port turns in to the bowl/valve opening area? If so, I don't know how much meat there is there so I didnt go crazy on it like I did the ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back