Offy 2X1 question

-

Dugr71

Reaction score
I have an Offy 2X1 intake, and Holley carbs. Can any one tell me what air cleaners are being used in the attached photo? I have slant six air cleaners, and two will not fit on this manifold.

Slant six.jpg

hey Doug, welcome to the forum

I think the person you want to talk to is @hemi71x
not only should he be able to answer your question, I bet hes got a few of them for sale as well

Those are '63-'67 "small and tall" stock Slant-6 air cleaners, about 8 or 9 inches in diameter. The other frequently-seen type in those years is the 11" diameter "large and flat" '61-'69 type, which won't fit side-by-side like that on the 2 × 1 intake.

I think they are the standard 9-inch "cake tin" air cleaners used on the earlier slant sixes with 1BBL carbies. I'm watching all these posts like a hawk, because I would like to go the same way with our 1964 Dart GT. Regards, Nigel

I'd also love to see some detailed images of your throttle linkages when you reach that stage! Keep us all posted as your project progresses.

I have the set up in a valiant , I'm looking for new / better air cleaners , my issue is the front carb clearance is maybe 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 , anyone have a lead for me? I put some silly putty on top of the cheap 2 " MR gasket to see how close that front hood beam is to it.

carb with puddy 1 .jpg

carb with puddy.jpg

I have the set up in a valiant , I'm looking for new / better air cleaners , my issue is the front carb clearance is maybe 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 , anyone have a lead for me? I put some silly putty on top of the cheap 2 " MR gasket to see how close that front hood beam is to it.

View attachment 1715018574

View attachment 1715018575
Use a 2 inch air filter instead of the 3 inch air filter

-
Back