Offy Valve Cover

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought an Offy valve cover over at the .org group buy on Offy products. These valve covers haven't changed a bit since they first came out in the early 60s before the advent of a PVC valve - not even oil control baffles or provision for a PVC. Slantsixdan outlined a procedure to add a PVC using over at .org using later model parts - http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=80165#80165 Even though I realize that this valve cover looks nothing like a stock one, I still wanted it to look period correct with the oil filler cap (no problem since it comes with a front stovepipe) and rear stovepipe with a separate PVC cap and PVC. So the valve cover being cast aluminum, I thought if I got some aluminum stock and made a set of baffles and stovepipe, I could have everything TIG'd in place. I made the baffles and stovepipe from a 6 x 18 piece of aluminum sheet from Lowes and had enough material to do a 2nd valve cover that I have. I found a local company to TIG the baffles and stovepipe from the inside and voila - a period correct Offy valve cover! :cheers: Add the chrome oil filler cap and PVC cap or maybe painted (or powder coated to match the engine color). I will be having Leanna do red powder coating between the fins to match the red slant six in my Valiant convert for a little extra bling..

headlight bezels 010.jpg

headlight bezels 008.jpg

Very Nize work Dartman =P~=P~
Leanna will make you VERY happy with here work :cheers: I agree, that will look dang good and work great on your /6 =P~

Looks great Don! Very nice work on the mods.

Can't wait to get it matched to your satisfaction! I appreciate your loyalty and confidence as always.

Dang, now I want one to match my Offy intake. So again my wife says thanks FABO:angry7:

Wow nice don't forget to take a pic. of it after the powder coating!

That's definitely on the agenda although I'm sure Leanna will be taking pictures as well. Already got a Jun 6th reservation in for this puppy. Ought to make the ol' slant just pop, especially with the other stuff I've got planned for it. 8)

I just love offy valve covers :love7:

Will someone please buy me a set of big block offy valve covers for xmas?:happy10::toothy10::toothy10:

-
Back