Oh Herrow...

-

Toluene56

Reaction score
Hi there...

I recently acquired a '73 Dart for free... Roommate owed me and decided to give me a Dart. I think it was a good deal. This car needs a lot of work...but fortunately the previous owner had actually put some effort into this car by starting the body work and and some other nifty things.

It has a rebuilt 318 in it... But it's coming out and this is going in -
367dart2.jpg

which is the 360 that I had built for my truck. If it moves a 6500lb truck and boils 35's.. Should be fun in an A body.

Here are pics of the dart the day after I rolled if off the car trailer.
Sorry for the crappy pictures.. But I can't find the good camera and the phone was in my hand. :-D
image001e.jpg

image001g.jpg

image001f.jpg

Welcome to fabo .
Good start to your project, sounds like it's gonna be fun !
Those look like stock car wheels you got on there .
Here's a pic of my 73'

Grille repair 020.JPG

Tell us your plans for that car (besides dropping in the new motor)! I didn't notice what the tranny/rearend was in the car?

I do have a suggestion though. As is, that would be the MOST unsuspecting car at a red light!! Watch the rice burners get small in the rear view mirror! Fun!!

Pete

It has a baby 7 1/4 rear with 2.73 gears I believe.. and a 727. Keeping the 727 hopefully i'll be putting a shift kit in when I drop in the motor..

The interior is going to be gutted, because well, the bright blue is just disgusting. new buckets and my B&M shifter will be going in. I do plan on getting an 8 3/4 with 4.10's, but that might be a while before i'm able to find one for an a body here.
I do also plan on getting the Mopar Performance subframe connectors.

The engine will eventually get new pistons.. Or if I feel up to it a stroker kit.
Currently it is:
'76 360 block .040 - stock style dish/flat pistons
(with the math came out 8.8:1)
'79 360 J heads 1.88 - 1.60 w/ a slight home polishing.
272h Crane Cam .454/.454
901-16 Comp springs w/ corresponding retainers and such
Summit Stage III street/strip intake (cheap mimic of an air gap)
Cheapo Summit Racing Headers...they're brand worked fine on the truck.. hopefully they'll fit ok on the dart.
Holley 750cfm vacuum secondary carb (tryin to find a decent mech. secondary)

Eventually I do hope to get a set of KB107's which with the specs they give should net about 10.2 - 10.4:1 and maybe a new set of heads.. maybe magnum heads or something that can be worked to run well.

-
Back