Oil + additive viscosity

-
Sounds good that the pressure did not drop, at least as much. I think that points pretty well to that part being a restriction. Still probably is, but less so.

I checked the oil guage and it reads accurate to about 3 pounds. I used my air compressor to check its accuracy. Another thing. I would like to mention is here at oz the sump capacity is somewhat different. I was filling it up at almost 5 quarts where the fill capacity here is actually 4 quarts ( no filter) so I will lessen this a little to see if it makes a difference also.
Regards
Billy D...

Last edited:
I checed the oil guage and it reads accurate to about 3 pounds. I used my air compressor to check its accuracy. Another thing. I would like to mention is here at oz the sump capacity is somewhat different. I was filling it up at almost 5 quarts where the fill capacity here is actually 4 quarts ( no filter) so I will lessen this a little to see if it makes a difference also.
Regards
Billy D...
Could be a different pan, but are you on Imperial quarts? Imperial measure is larger.

I'd try to get some oil temperature readings. If its cool running as it seems, then probably worth trying 5W-30.

Actualy in the specs they specify capacity in pints. UK pints 6.6 pints and 8.3 pints with filter. In litres its 3.75 and 4.72 respectively. In us quarts its 4 and with filter 5 quarts. So I think it may be the same as the US stock oil pans.
Regards
Billy D...

-
Back