oil filter adapter

-

Challenger

Reaction score
need some help --I am going to remove the 90 degree oil filter adapter it keeps leaking any suggestion on what gaskets are best or replace it with stock adapter---are the gaskets the same for both---- thanks

The 90 degree should not leak. Are you sure the gaskets are installed properly? Here is a picture.

Attachments

• OilAdapterGaskets.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,244
The 90 degree should not leak. Are you sure the gaskets are installed properly? Here is a picture.
Also the 2 piece bolt is junk. The head will break off very easily. You can buy a one piece bolt & gasket set. Much stronger!

mine was leaking for the previous owner, they thought it was a gasket too, turns mine had a hairline fracture, no way it was gonna seal, but couldn't see it till it was cleaned up..might wanna give it a real good inspection.

thanks for the replies ---gaskets are correct place---close inspection for crack is where I am heading next thanks

I used the instant gasket stuff that comes in a can. Apparently Toyota uses it on their assembly line. I applied it on my thermostat housing and on the 90 degree filter adapter. I haven't had one problem.

Anybody know the part # of this gasket kit for the 90 degree adapter?? Getting ready to fire-up my 340 and after priming the motor I discovered the adapter leaking really bad:banghead:

I was able to purchase a shorty oil filter and not even use the right angle adapter on my son's 340 with TTI headers.
Rod

The fram 43 is the correct filter for a factory Mopar. It holds 3/4 of a quart. And will be full on a stock engine with 5 quarts of oil.

The 8A is similar but a little longer. It is really a Ford filter, but will fit/work on a Mopar. It holds a full quart. It is interchangeable with the fram 43, but just a little longer.

I would recommend cross referencing the Fram 43 to another brand, as I have had a few problems with Fram.

-
Back