oil filter adaptor

-

Driven

Reaction score
what have you used for a gasket to seal the right angle oil filter adaptor to the engine block? I took it off to install new headers 2 years ago and cant remember what was on there for a gasket. Have tried heavy black gasket paper twice and it leaked bad. Thought I might just as well ask rather than keep experimenting , it gets kind of messy.

I've just gotten them from the dealer the last time I needed to seal one. It's been a while though so I hope they haven't discontinued them.

I had the same questions about the adapter gaskets. There are also gaskets that seal the bolt to the block and to the adapter and with no instructions it's a guess as to which ones to use. It's not something I want to guess about. toolman

Check out Ebay. The sellers are really nice and have pictures how they go on. Manici Racing has them cheaper at under $10 plus shipping.

Only thing is Mopar has that thick cork gasket and I seen some ebay sellers showing a thick plastic gasket for between the bolt and the block. The small thin gasket goes behind the bolt and we all know where the big gasket goes.

Which Adapter seals better thou, the cast iron or the Mopar aluminum one. I have both.

i ordered a couple sets of mopar performance gaskets....takes a week....but i have been wondering if a gasket from a chevy oil filter wix 1060? would work? wont know till i get the adapter off and im gonna wait till the new mp gaskets are in hand

fel pro full gasket set ks 2114 has the gasket for the adapter that looks like the originals... so iʻd say fel pro would have it seperate also.

just saw this is a 3 year old post...maybe it'll help someone out anyway.

-
Back