Oil Filter Recommendations

-

Abodysrule

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi I currently have a slant six, and over on the SL6 forum the NAPA Gold 1806 oil filter was touted as the best as it has an internal standpipe/check baffle that holds the oil in the filter so it doesn't drain. But I'm switching to 360 mag so what is a good oil filter for this application? Is that NAPA Gold 1806 ok (I have a bunch of them)? I know it fits.

Hi I currently have a slant six, and over on the SL6 forum the NAPA Gold 1806 oil filter was touted as the best as it has an internal standpipe/check baffle that holds the oil in the filter so it doesn't drain. But I'm switching to 360 mag so what is a good oil filter for this application? Is that NAPA Gold 1806 ok (I have a bunch of them)? I know it fits.
If you go to the search function and type in oil filters you'll be horrified at the brazillion comments and suggestions for 360 motors.

Last edited:
Motorcraft FL299. Extra capacity.

There's no standpipe, anti drain back valve or any other magical gizmo that will ever keep an upside down filter from draining. They will all drain out eventually, unless you somehow reposition the filter. I used a Ford Motorsport filter adapter and positioned mine with the end of the filter pointing back and at a downward angle. No way can it drain like that.

Your NAPA filters will be fine on the 360 as long as you have no clearance issues.

napa 1068 is one i use, , made by wix. it's shorted fits better in A body. with right angle adopter,

-
Back