Oil Filters

-

roosduster

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I cut open some (quite a few) oil filters that fit my 360 just to see what they looked like inside. There will be more later on but this is all I have cut open right now.

Here are the pictures, no reviews or personal opinions from me. I just figured some people might be interested. I am going to put two pics in each post. Here are the first two, Mopar and Mopar Performance. I hope you enjoy. :salute:

Mopar
MoparOEMFilter.jpg

Mopar Performance
MoparPerformanceParts.jpg

Looks like I might be able to save a few bux and use the advance filter instead of the purolator premium plus filter I normally buy since they appear to be completely identical.

Gosh you have to be blind or stupid not to see the difference.

I use the Purolator Plus and it truly does not look any different than the Purolator or Advance.

Thanks!

Great work roosduster!Always used the old standard 1090 Mopar.Nice to see whats actually going on in there.You have a few dollars in filters there,good
sacrifice for everyone here to see.

I wonder if the Fram HP filters are any better?

It's obvious that the Tough Guard is not worth a penny more than their standard filter. As soon as that cardboard goes to hell, there's no filtering going on anyhow.

wow, its pretty crazy to see how many companies are one in the same. it looks to me like the wix is still the best bang for the buck.

Isn't there a "Oil Guy" web site that has gone super nuts in doing this?

I can not tell the difference in filter elements. What are they on what brands?

My local NAPA auto parts told me wix was the cheap filters. Im going to stop buying FRAM filters and use the WIX filters.
I could of been saveing me a little $ for the past 24 years!
Awsome work roosduster!!

Napa and Carquest both are wix filters just reboxed with there own labels. check the last few numbers on the box.

Isn't there a "Oil Guy" web site that has gone super nuts in doing this?

I can not tell the difference in filter elements. What are they on what brands?

I have looked at that site a little and I didn't see anything really like this but I did not look at it much. It seems to have a, I read it on the internet it must be true kind of philosophy.

The last picture of the aFe and Royal Purple filters area 100% synthetic micro-glass media (that is from the box, I could not tell you what it is made from and/or how it is made). I know Mobil 1 on the box says it is a synthetic blend which I was told is cellulose with synthetic fibers, and I would assume K&N is the same as they look identical. That is as much as I "know".

Man the mobil one and K&N are the same inside .I've been buying the K&N because of the heavier case figuring it would have a higher burst pressure.

Thanks you spent alot of cash for us:love7:

That is pretty interesting, How It's Made show only shows a Fram filter being made. That was pretty cool you did that:)

-
Back