Oil flow

-

Magster65

Reaction score
My original oil filter adapter bolt has stress lines around the oil holes like it was over-torqued. I ordered a Mancini replacement and was a little surprised to see this...
Is that normal or did this bolt miss it's final machining process or something?

oilbolt.jpg
?

Show a side view of this, is it one of those that had also a "scaly, flaky" poor finish to it? Recently this was questioned. how many side holes are there and are they "inline" or not with each other?

Show a side view of this, is it one of those that had also a "scaly, flaky" poor finish to it? Recently this was questioned. how many side holes are there and are they "inline" or not with each other?

It's not a plated bolt but ok quality by the looks of it... not what I was expecting for a $30 bolt though

oilbolt2.jpg

Holes "not in line" = stronger, not going to stretch at the weak point, looks good!

I just went through this a week ago, without knowing the difference I did have the stronger design. I wouldn't worry about the flow, the orifice in the stronger bolt is as big as the adapter ports.
2018-04-01_002.jpg

2018-04-01_003.jpg

2018-04-01_004.jpg

Alan

hit new one with a wire wheel and go for it. Its going to be in oil for the rest of its life.

-
Back