Oil in distributor on 225

-
Super dumb question..you're checking for vacuum at the breather hole, but have you checked the breather itself?
I have had similar things happen, and it's always a clogged breather

Not such a dumb question....It has a factory?? chrome air cleaner and breather. I checked the breather with good old lip pressure and didn't get much through it so I blew in with 60psi compressed air and the foam filter blew out. There was an incredible amount of foam packed in that breather, I will try another breather....Hey, it's possible....this problem has to be coming from something simple

Not such a dumb question....It has a factory?? chrome air cleaner and breather. I checked the breather with good old lip pressure and didn't get much through it so I blew in with 60psi compressed air and the foam filter blew out. There was an incredible amount of foam packed in that breather, I will try another breather....Hey, it's possible....this problem has to be coming from something simple
that''s interesting. It was made with foam in it? all the breathers I've seen have a kind of loose synthetic mesh in them. You could swoosh them around in solvent to clean them. When clean there is like Zero resistance to air flow.

Chrome breather and chrome air cleaner are not factory items. Neither is foam-stuffed breather. You have found the problem.

You are right, the oil dripping is almost completely gone. The slight dripping may still be from a little bit of oil that still remains in the dist
Thanks again

You are right, the oil dripping is almost completely gone. The slight dripping may still be from a little bit of oil that still remains in the dist
Thanks again
hooray! good to hear. thanks for the follow-up. Many times, we don't get that, so there is no real resolution.

-
Back