Oil or lack thereof

-
you could also blast the oil passage with air and see if you can hear the air escaping around the camshaft

The oil hole goes thru the stand and angles past the head bolt. I measured the distance from the stand to the top of the lifter, added for the lifter height and found the length of wire I could feed down was the same. Not quite sure where else the wire could have been going except down the oil feed since that's where I inserted it especially given the length I was able to feed down. But then again I'm not an engine builder. The car was running with valve covers off when I saw the passenger side was getting oil. I questioned my source regarding the 20* and he said info came direct from Hughes and has worked for him. I did turn crank somewhat when checking but will try again going further before and after. Thanks

what is the oil pressure?

oil plug missing???
the one at the rear of the left side oil gallery for the lifters

You can see if its missing , while priming the oil pump, by looking in the distributor hole

HAHA ive done that! Got it in without pulling engine but was a *****! :color:MT

Thanks for your reply. I've rotated the motor 20* past tdc after the compression stroke of #6 cylinder, (the location where there should be oil going to the left rockers) and turn pump with a shaft and drill. No luck, must be either cam bearing or possibly faulty cam, (holes not drilled all the way thru on the journal). The cam problem is hard to believe but,they're made by humans too. Also, it IS possible to get a wire all the way down to the cam, you have to take the head bolt out right below the second rocker shaft stand that has the oil feed. I did it using a copper wire but could not feel the cam turn through the wire which could be because the cam bearing is in wrong. Will be pulling cam out as soon as time allows. Thanks again.

I had machine shop put in my cambearings wrong. same issue.:banghead:MT

nope, oil plug is in; plenty oil to right rockers just none to the left. Thanks, Tim.

-
Back