Oil pan for 408

-

Donny

Reaction score
Looking for best oil pan option for 408 street application in 69 Dart. Car will shift at 6500 and see the drag strip 2-3 times a year.

The milidon low profile w/kick outs. Holds 8 quarts and has decent ground clearance. If you run a High volume pump you may run a stock pan dry on a long blast down the free way. Mil-3940 $249.95 pan,Mil-18345 $44.95 pick up tube thru Summit.

oh..god..not the you will run your pan dry with a hv pump again...lol

I have used HV pumps for 35 yrs....in 5 qt oil pans...going down the freeway...going down the drag strip...and never once sucked a oil pan drive...

is that any help?

I have used HV pumps for 35 yrs....in 5 qt oil pans...going down the freeway...going down the drag strip...and never once sucked a oil pan drive...

is that any help?

When i had my home ported head on my 340 it would pull to 7200 rpm. all the way back down the return road my Hyd lifter would clatter badly. shut it of for 10 minutes and problem solved.

When i ran my oil pan 1 Q over, this problem when a way.
The pick up was uncovered and suck air. I don't be leave, it suck all 5 Q up. it didn't have baffled pan to keep the oil were it can/could be used

Just the same, there was not enough oil under the pick up.

o and yes it was a HV pump.
At 6000 rpm shifts, i have not had this problem so i could jump on either side of the band wagon:poke::D

Getting back on track i thing the kick out oil pan is a good idea.

I was also looking at the Kevco pan for my 408. Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

M301_full.gif

-
Back