oil pan has a hole in it

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Yep got the top end all on put oil in her got out the drill primed it oil on every rocker:cheers:,but dam F%%king oil pan has a small hole in it.Surves me right for buying used,man after I cleaned it filled it with water nothing no leaks.Now I will have to order a new on.Any clues what a new one will cost for my 360.I hope its in buy Friday next weekend I want to get it in the car.

Depends where the leak is. I would clean it up really good and attempt to use some JB stick weld on it $6.00 at the parts store, that stuff is crazy wicked. I used it on a big hole in my front timing cover after my damper came apart on me and wore a pretty big hole in it. Absolutely no leaks and you would never know it happened!

I second JB Weld. Miracle stuff! If it's small pin hole you can drill it and put in a self tapping screw.

Don't be ssssilly Snake. Buy the new pan. J.B. is NOT the way to fix an oil pan. Shame on you guys for suggesting it. It might work, but this is the life blood of his new engine we are protecting. Maybe you could find a used one, but it sounds like you've already ordered a new one. Good decision.

Hey it was a quick till he gets a new one fix! Of course he answered his own question on his first post! Buy a new one!

John B.

Don't be ssssilly Snake. Buy the new pan. J.B. is NOT the way to fix an oil pan. Shame on you guys for suggesting it. It might work, but this is the life blood of his new engine we are protecting. Maybe you could find a used one, but it sounds like you've already ordered a new one. Good decision.

Ya had a hell of a time trying to get a used one here.So tomorrow I will order a new one.SOB,at least we know it will be leak free,man you should of seen the wife jump when oil shot up from the rockers she was turning the crank when I was priming.Was funny even at a tense moment.

Hey guys when I call in for the new pan all I need to tell the parts guy is one that is a center sump right.Thing is they will say what year car and so on.If I say 69 dart well we know that thoes cars did not have the 360 so if they need a year make model what do I tell them.Thanksssss to all for sticking it out with me on this build.

I would agree with caferacerx. A good welder could get you back on the road by Wed. Probably cheaper than a new pan. My pan was sectioned, and three inches added for more sump depth. Never has leaked.(yes, it was TIG welded)

I here ya there this car is not ready for the road still restoring it.Thing is i guess it could be welded but what if anouther hole pops up.

I have put a hole in my 360 pan via a hi volume pump.

JB-Weld has held for the last 10+ years.

Is the engine in the car? If not just put a new pan on there.

If you drain all the oil out, sand it down to bare metal with a wire wheel, wipe it with Brake Parts Cleaner and clean paper towels, let it evaporate, then put JB weld on it and let it sit for two days, it will never leak. Then touch the area up with engine paint. No one will know but you.

J-B weld on a cigarette paper working for years now.

Luckly the engine is on my engine stand.Thanks for the help all.This pan was from a Canadian car,so I should put on a new one.Good thing the wifeeee okssss all my spending.

have it tig welded same problem on my 360 i grinnded it down clean took it to a welding shop 20$ end of story 3 years no leaks . good luck

JB weld is great if the engines in the car and you dont want to replace the pan right away... could even last for years and years as others have said. I have even brazed over pin holes in a slant pan with the engine in (oil out of course). The best solution is replace it with a new one though.

Dude a brand new pan on ebay is about $150 shipped. The kit includes the pan,dip stick,pickup tube and screen. This is the mopar kit. While you have the pan off,may as well throw a windage tray at it.Cheapest 10 hp you will ever buy.Unless you already did!

Don if you arent in a hurry, there is a place in Peterborough and the owner has a bunch of 360 stuff that he is trying to get rid of. Ph # 705 748 4111. Low ball him, you never know!!

Don if you arent in a hurry, there is a place in Peterborough and the owner has a bunch of 360 stuff that he is trying to get rid of. Ph # 705 748 4111. Low ball him, you never know!!

Thanks Steve something to think about,however something is nice also LOL.

What i paid 75 bucks plus the shipping.This pan is orange.I just dont know about thr welding or JB weld,to much of a worry wart here.

I guess my 10 year testomoney doesn't hold water..... er... oil.

-
Back