Oil pan

-

porterracing

Reaction score
Looking for a new oil pan for a 66 Valiant 225 cid. Anybody have a place/web site? Thanks-Zach

Why not just get a good used one?
There are lots around and cheap, i bet there will be lots on here if you place a parts wanted ad......

Well, changed my mind. I got partially under the car today and realized the oil spots in my driveway were from the oil pan gasket and its also leaking a tiny bit of trany fluid also looking like its a gasket issue. Is the leaking a common problem for these engines? I understand its old but would like to know if a new set of gaskets will last/help at all. Thanks-Zach

The oil pan gasket has a unique front seal, It connects to the timing chain cover with little teets. You install the cover to the block, then the pan to the block in that order. The front pan gasket cant be R/R without at least loosening the pan enough to drop the front 1/2". Torque down in as much as a criss cross pattern as possible starting from the middle with all bolts hand tight first. tranny pan is way easier.

Hmm, okay thank you. Gonna take it to a shop and see if I'm right with it just being a gasket issue. Fingers crossed!

That oil pan is a 62-66 car only and don't mess up the oil pump pickup tube no one makes them any more clean and reuse the old one.

Brian

There were many different pans used on the slant 6 over the years. You have to make sure that you get the proper one.

We had issues with the steering linkage interfering on the ex's 64 Dart until we got the right pan. There are like 7 or 8 of them....

-
Back