Oil pressure sensor not working

-

fnaramore

POWEEERRRRRR
Reaction score
So I just finished wiring my new msd ready to run distributor and blaster 2 coil in. I ended up bypassing the ballast resistor like MSD told me to. The car starts and runs fine, my only issue now is that the oil pressure light won't come on. Usually if you put the key into run it lights up to show it's working, but won't any more any ideas why? Also, does anybody see any potential issues with how it is wired?

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 122
It appears technically correct, but I wouldn't rely on those wire nuts long-term, not in VA. I would have left the factory connectors and used a male-male spade to connect them. Since the harness is hacked, I would use solder w/ heat shrink to make it permanent.

Yeah I agree completely. Thats not actually how it looks now. Ended up taken out the old ignition module completely and all its wires. Now its just the blue power wire spliced with the brown coil + wire and I have the ground from the distributor on the fire wall where this woven metal thing is that also connects to the block itself. Seemed like a pretty good ground haha

How'd you fix it?

Turns out I'm an utter **** haha In all my working my hands through areas to connect wires and get the coil mounted, I had pulled the wire out of the connector just enough that it would stay in place but not transfer power to the sensor.

turns out i'm an utter **** haha in all my working my hands through areas to connect wires and get the coil mounted, i had pulled the wire out of the connector just enough that it would stay in place but not transfer power to the sensor.

Hmm, :D

-
Back