Oil PSI question

-

SLTruman

Reaction score
I need help hooking up a new pressure gauge. I'm new to all of this and I'm not understanding the instructions as to where to hook up the part of the gauge that goes into the engine for the pressure. I would like a few tips please. I'm installing a Sunpro Style Line triple gauge kit. I can put everything together, but I'm not sure where that particular piece is hooked up. Thanks

I need help hooking up a new pressure gauge. I'm new to all of this and I'm not understanding the instructions as to where to hook up the part of the gauge that goes into the engine for the pressure. I would like a few tips please. I'm installing a Sunpro Style Line triple gauge kit. I can put everything together, but I'm not sure where that particular piece is hooked up. Thanks

If this is for a small blcok it's near the rear of the block. Wheather it's a mechanical or electrical guage setup you use the same spot. On the back of the block near the distributor there should be a spot right behind the intake for the oil pressure sending unit. If you have a mechanical guage like me then the nylon tube goes into that spot. I am sure others will chime in.

Hope this helps.

If this is for a small blcok it's near the rear of the block. Wheather it's a mechanical or electrical guage setup you use the same spot. On the back of the block near the distributor there should be a spot right behind the intake for the oil pressure sending unit. If you have a mechanical guage like me then the nylon tube goes into that spot. I am sure others will chime in.

Hope this helps.

Yup, but I'd be a little leary of using the nylon tubing, I realize it's gotto be flexible, I use copper instead.

Terry

Thanks for the insight. I do have the nylon lubing, but if copper is more durable, that will be installed instead. (Unless the vacuum hose works)

-
Back