Ok guys, the small block breathes life!

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23an903Xv1s

I had a little problem keeping idle and you can hear me flogging the gas pedal to test the carbs response.

The carb was very responsive as you can hear the quick blips I was giving it.

She rev's pretty darn quick and taps up to 5 grand like now.

The cam is pretty wicked and we did not want to tweak the borrowed carb so I never was able to achieve an idle condition from the motor, plus the black paint was burning off of the headman hedders and was quickly killing our eyes and throats so we shut it down till we can pull it outside after I get a couple more parts coming.
Then we can warm it up good and work out whatever bugs.

But it seems I have quite the little monster on my hands. (insert evil laugh).

I also learned that pumping it twice prior to start up was the key to obtaining a quicker start up.

There are a couple small bugs already with a small fuel leak at a fitting and a coolant leak at a burping valve I installed.

Still need exhaust, windshields, driveshaft..ect.........

Sounds great!!!! Until you get the carb figured out, don't fire up again so you can break the cam in. You have come along way in a short while.

Damn leaky carb! Before I broke in my 340 I ran my new 650 DP on my other 340 to get it dialed in when breaking in the new engine. Ran great but still had a leaky fuel line to tend to! Nice work, shouldn't be long now!

Yep!!:blob: I would say you have a monster on your hand spaz.=P~
Congrat's :wav: You have got to be pumped :colors: nothing can make a mopar owner more happier than hearing his or her motor fire up and sounding off with out the exhaust complete.\\:D/ Thanks for letting us see and hear your great cuda and your self soooooo Happy.:thumleft:

I like the look you gave us too.:cheers:

Sounds good.

BTW that does not look like any Holley 4779 I have ever seen....looks like a 3310 to me......

I got a couple scary comments from guys at Moparts.

They are telling me sounds like I have poor compression in one cyllinder due to the bog while it's turning over. Possibly from the head work and a poor lash adjustment or shim.

Man you motor guys sure know your stuff just from listening to a short video of a new motor not even warmed up yet.

Yeah, I'm still learning much as I go so don't be afraid to smack me upside the head when I say something wrong because I am no expert by any means.

I appreciate any input you guys have and my feelings won't get hurt if you have any constructive criticism.

When you are learning new stuff you take ten different opinions and try to make a decision based on all that information.
It sometimes feels like you are rolling the dice when it comes to what to do, what to buy, etc.

Is it illegal?
I don't know but it's pretty fun isn't it?

Oh boy ... that sounds good to hear it run!

Maybe your timing is off a little bit to make the motor sound like that as you are cranking it? ???

Still need exhaust, windshields, driveshaft..ect.........

Drivesgaft, yes. Of course so you can move it. Exhaust, no, windsheild, no, Goggles & ear plugs fix that. LOL

A compresion tester will tell you if theres a cylinder ill. Don't beileve everything you read so fast and don't let it worry you so.

Drivesgaft, yes. Of course so you can move it. Exhaust, no, windsheild, no, Goggles & ear plugs fix that. LOL

A compresion tester will tell you if theres a cylinder ill. Don't beileve everything you read so fast and don't let it worry you so.

Tell me about it.
That's the bad part about not being a know it all, you get advice from people who think they do.

yep that motor definately has a sour cyl.... better just sell it off to me for $50 dollar core please......

-RPM

Too bad the video did not have smellavision.

That 100 octane smells mighty fine, but the header paint burning off was awful.

Sounds good brother !!!!
Sounds like it needs just a little fine tunning and your off.
Very cool !!!!!

Drove it today for the first time ever!!

Had one small fuel pressure regulator adjustment which helped the idle issue.

I was scary driving it with no seat belts or windshield for the first time not knowing if something was going to explode or fall off, but it pulled nice, smooth and hard up to third gear when I let off.

I trailered it to my house and did a drive by and lured some of my neighbors out of their houses.

I took it easy and just got it into second, but it pulls like a bandit even with 3.23 gears.
I thought I was gonna need 3.91's, but it feels pretty wicked as it is.

I guess the final test will be after driving it for a while.

I have the whole thing on video on my buddies camera.
I gotta wait till he loads it and sends it to me.

I gotta pull the transmission and replace the fron input shaft radial seal which is leaking pretty good...doh!

I knew I should have replaced all the seals.

Here's a couple pics from today.

5.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

9.jpg

it looks great man.....im sure you must have been excited.....whats the story on your trans?..how long was it sitting or are the seals just worn because it was used?...thanks for the info and pictures...looks great.

Congratulations! :happy1: Another one comes to life! It`s like the baby boom around here. It`ll soon be time to put `em away for the winter though . Better get busy, huh. :burnout:

Who needs a windshield?! The only thing to worry about is bugs getting in your teeth with a grin from ear to ear!! I bet you feel accomplished. Good job man.

-
Back