Ok Race Boys ~ school me Mopar Style

-

~LadyLuck~

Simply the Best
Reaction score
As about 98% of ya seem to know who I am now here is kinda what I am looking to do. This was my last BBC build. I will be doing the same prob to a Big Block Mopar for a Dart.

Motor
502 cid - eagle crank and rods- manley 13.5:1 pistons - Lunati 50222 roller cam 722 lift. - Dart Pro 1 325 cc Alum Heads 230/1.88 stainless valves. Dart stud girdles, Harland Sharp rockers - Jesel Belt drive, TCI Rattler Dampner Weind water pump - Team G intake - BG 1050 dominator carb - NOS Big Shot plate. Custom built 2 1/4 coated headers GZ motorsport vac pump.

9.8s at 137 on the 1/4 flat

So can a Mopar handle me ?

LL

Ok guys, Lets get over the fact that shes a pretty girl and treat her like anyone else.

A friend has a 67 Barracuda, back half car. 32X14.5's, Race wight is around 3200lbs I believe.

Motor is a .030" over 440, Indy EZ heads, Indy intake, Holley 4500 carb.
Not sure of the compression, 12.5:1 probably, cam is 265ish @.050" solid flat tappet. ProParts 2" headers. The car is really nothing fancy but its gone high 9s.

Thanks Adam.

and ya I know I can handle any Mopar I just want to basically get ideas on builds etc. Just as Adam showed.

LL

Like a kit from 440source.com ,you can use a 400 block,wich are plentiful still,and 440source has ballance kits to take a 400,or 440 over 500 cubes,for under $2000.00.You really should check them out.They have also come out with there own heads,that flow over 280 cfm out of the box,and with race porting(that youre gonna do to any other head)will put you up to 750-800 hp.Now im not that good with math,but in a 2600=2800 pound dart,over 500 cubes,thats a quick combo.I would go with a roller cam from hughesengines.com ,give them a call with the specs of the car,engine,etc,they will recommend a cam for you,and a converter recommendation also

not for nothing, but that same combo(Indy heads instead of dart) will go low 9's in a 3300 dart WITHOUT NITROUS !!
nos is for poorly planed and built engines! just my opinion again!

Ya I have heard the NOS story before. I know there are many ways to trip the 9's without the juice. This info is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the note and opinion

LL

QUOTE=7172 duster;346767]This is Aquick408 He runs the middle nines with a smallblock,

100_0354.jpg
[/IMG]

watch

Our duster runs 10.40s Street car ,full interior front and rear bench seats

100_0350-2.jpg
[/IMG]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvhcjyMiMyU[/QUOTE]

My Dart is all street legal,3313lbs, Stock suspention(s.s. ) et street radials 498 Indy 440-1 325cnc, indy intake,1150 dominator, 700+ solid roller, T-D valve train, 13-1 ,
727 w/brake, which I still can't use,i.e STOCK suspention8)
430's in a 8 3/4
Thats all basic Mopar stuff.
I drive many miles on cruise nights, run's mid 9's on the radial and will go 9.2 on slick all with soft 60' times.

Tim

cool tensec.

I think I may then be progressing past the 9s =P~

Thanks again 7172 I love the looks of the 408 !

LL

If I ever put a real suspention under this, wow high 8's on the street !!:toothy10:

I doing a 622 PUMP gas engine over the winter for this Dart, engine builder garenteed better dyno #'s then this race gas 498. Then It will be a real cruiser ! Until a chebbie pulls up next to me(as they use to:thebirdm:before they knew me) then its a race car again LOL

rumblefish almost ****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdCwq_vvz0&feature=user
and she was not running right

Dont know if I would go with THe harlon sharp rockers. Running them on a 340 stroker an have had nothing but fits. Live in Caldwell an race boats. Maybe see you at the track sometime

Well ya I almost **** due to a few reasons.... NOT IN CONTROL of a flying machine with 9 INCH DRUM BRAKES (WITH HALF A SHOE .. LOL) can be a bit scarry when your trying to stop quickly to turn right at 40 mph.

Hey, did ya get all the straightened out, brakes and suspension?

Didn't you wheel that of the trailer when you first got it to the tune of sub 10's on your first time out?

If I ever put a real suspention under this, wow high 8's on the street !!:toothy10:

I doing a 622 PUMP gas engine over the winter for this Dart, engine builder garenteed better dyno #'s then this race gas 498. Then It will be a real cruiser ! Until a chebbie pulls up next to me(as they use to:thebirdm:before they knew me) then its a race car again LOL

rumblefish almost ****
and she was not running right

is that 498 a flattop 4.15 stroker 440

LL,
Maybe you should consider saving $$$ on the big block and get ya a slant six for your Dart project. Here are some best times posted by some of the boys over at slantsix.org:

***9 Second Zone***
9.85 @ ??? The Drakes, 193? Simca
9.93 at 132 Charles Myers, Plymouth Arrow, 6/21/2003
9.97 @ ??? Cox Bros, 66 Dart

***10 Second Zone***
10.19 @ 129 Mike Jeffrey and Blaine Mueller's "Buzzin' Half Duzzin' 1968 Valiant

I got the chance to see Mike Jeffries' Buzzin' Half Duzzin' a couple of years ago down in Baytown, Texas, run a 10.36 1/4 with his little slanted Valiant.
Now, that's impressive.

Jerry

LL,
Maybe you should consider saving $$$ on the big block and get ya a slant six for your Dart project. Here are some best times posted by some of the boys over at slantsix.org:

***9 Second Zone***
9.85 @ ??? The Drakes, 193? Simca
9.93 at 132 Charles Myers, Plymouth Arrow, 6/21/2003
9.97 @ ??? Cox Bros, 66 Dart

***10 Second Zone***
10.19 @ 129 Mike Jeffrey and Blaine Mueller's "Buzzin' Half Duzzin' 1968 Valiant

I got the chance to see Mike Jeffries' Buzzin' Half Duzzin' a couple of years ago down in Baytown, Texas, run a 10.36 1/4 with his little slanted Valiant.
Now, that's impressive.

Jerry
ive seen it run .the old man kicksbutt

Tensec. Yes your car is a beast. LOL

I swear by Harlon Sharps I can adjust them to precision and never had a bit 'o problem with them myself.

Whats up with the stud girdle throw out ? I want to know why.

-LL

Hey whats your dog's name, looks like he/she doesn't get much attention, kinda like my two.

Dont know how the harlon sharp are on a big block us I have never built a exodict one before. The big block weighs to much for what I am doing. On the small block I have split three of them right around the shaft. The harlon sharp guy sent me some beefyer ones for last race. This time pulled a bolt out of the head an bent the shaft. Best of luck with your motor

Thanks for the comment daryl. I personally never had a problem with the HS ones when set up correctly.

Boxer my dog is named Kiev and yes he is spoiled ridiculously like his owner.

LL

-
Back