OK Racer gets his stolen race car back after 34 years!

-
Sickening. Are you aware of the infamous stolen 440-6 Cuda in Oregon sometime back? That spurred one of the longest threads on YB I've seen. Owner finally got it back, much damaged, stripped, and apart. People in the area "stepped up" to help get it together, but it will never, ever be the same.

This was a car the owner bought new, and raced. Had headers and maybe a cam. Had never been restored

stolen Cuda found,cops refuse to get it back

I don’t know if I could or would be bothered after 34 years. I hope the guilty people are found as such.
Sickening. Are you aware of the infamous stolen 440-6 Cuda in Oregon sometime back? That spurred one of the longest threads on YB I've seen. Owner finally got it back, much damaged, stripped, and apart. People in the area "stepped up" to help get it together, but it will never, ever be the same.

This was a car the owner bought new, and raced. Had headers and maybe a cam. Had never been restored

Did he ever get back his Cuda?

Thanks for posting, cool story!

I remember that story Del, I think they got it back but it was stripped wasnt it?
Oklahoma Racer Gets His Stolen Race Car Back After 34-Years

Beware, Chebbie content.

This is a Don Hardy built car that this racer got back this month. Heck of a story, I know a lot of folks have had stuff stolen and never got it back.

Lot to the story, but bottom line, we all need to be careful, it can happen to anyone. I know.

I don’t know if I could or would be bothered after 34 years. I hope the guilty people are found as such.

Did he ever get back his Cuda?

Good info guys, if you look up stolen cars and rigs on Facebook, it is scary the stuff stolen from Motel parking lots!
On the chevette, it had a bunch of old Hardy parts and a Mag Dana rear end, that would be worth a pretty penny to a restorer for sure. I would have gotten it back if for no other reason than…... "IT WAS MY F-ING STUFF!"

Hard to fathom anyone building a Chevette to start with!

I guess it's no different than the night I fought with a car thief on pcp who was trying to steal the Cavalier we got for free...

I guess it's no different than the night I fought with a car thief on pcp who was trying to steal the Cavalier we got for free...
WHOA! PCP is no joke. That was part wild man part bomb!
On the car. It would be the point of the matter. Rare or not. We work hard for our stuff. I like Uncle Tony’s slogan,
“Build anything, Race everything”

Knew a guy who built a Super/Gas Chevette with a 455 Olds in it. Very sucessful.

-
Back