OK.. the start of something new for FERN

-

abodygranny

Nicholai's granny
Reaction score
well we have been welcomed to the FABO with open arms... now its time to start on FERN... she is getting her new tags today so no better time than the present to start her new thread...:cheers:

Yesterday she was welcomed by her new house puppies.. both decided to pee on the tires... I guess it is offical.. she is part of the family!

I got what I wanted... my teenage daughters..(2) both said they would not drive Fern.. said "ITS A GRANNY CAR".. lolol.. well im a granny and i drive the car so i guess it is.... and I know they will not be asking ... "can i borrow the car".. =P~

I am really hopeing we can get the plates that have her name on them...

Attachments

• corky and jack.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 620
your lucky, when i was a teenager i would drive any car that i could get my hands on, and beat the tar out of it. the one thing the girls dont realize is that most boys like old cars!

your lucky, when i was a teenager i would drive any car that i could get my hands on, and beat the tar out of it. the one thing the girls dont realize is that most boys like old cars!

lol.. i would drive anything my partents bought..all pieces of crap.. but i drove them.. now i can pick and choose my old cars...

Ferns new tags will say..... FERN 4 A.... cant wait....:director:

Attachments

• 100_6080.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 595
lol.. i would drive anything my partents bought..all pieces of crap.. but i drove them.. now i can pick and choose my old cars...

Ferns new tags will say..... FERN 4 A.... cant wait....:director:

COOL!!!
Vinnie our Rottie would never pee on Fern, but Lex would squeeze under the barn door just to lay claim on her. At least she wont smell like Lex anymore!!!

PS; Over 2000 archive pics of Fern in the mail to ya!:thumblef:
You'll have to sort all the Lex & Vinnie pics out though! LOL!! (Not Kidding LOL!)

i thought i would post another photo i took about a week ago of fern... no one in the house finds humor in it by me... but well see.. what you guys think....

i posted it in my photos but i just wanted to post it again... lololol.. :boxing:

Attachments

• his and herslkajdsf.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 518
my teenage daughters..(2) both said they would not drive Fern.. said "ITS A GRANNY CAR"..

First, welcome aboard Granny:hello1:

After I had started work on my Duster, I asked my daughter if she would like a Duster also, that I would do her a "negative" Duster (where mine is white w/black stripes, I would do hers black w/white stripes). Her response, no - I would want a four door model like the Scamp that was parked up at our neighbors! She was 16 or 17 at the time. She ended up with a 4 door Honda Civic. To her credit she wouldn't settle for anything but a "stick shift".
C

I would pick the one on the right!
Good to see Fern has gone to a good home.

Ok...I have posted the story of the adoption of Fern in the welcome wagon. Now let's start...."The Rest Of The Story"
Fern felt pretty good on the interstate trip to dayton. She has a few creaks and groans (just as we do). Consider I was only 4 years old when she was born. LOL
I have tried to formulate a plan for things needed for her.
Here is what i have so far:

For previous work done to Fern, go to http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=77304
Wonderful job getting her to where she is today.
We don't plan on having a showroom car. That is not what we want. We want a cool car we can cruise in, take on trips, and hit the car shows in the summer...do I hear a long haul power tour coming in a couple years?
What should we start with first...well the free stuff of course. LOL
This weekend is a bust. Alot of rain and the garage needs to be rearranged.
Will keep you all updated

Attachments

• Fern's Dr. Visit.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 540
the water leak on your floor boards is most likely wiper pivot seals, which is my problem.you can hose your wiper pivots down to see if you have a leak there. remember when checking for a leak with a hose, start at the lowest point and work your way up until you can pinpoint it. hope this helps.

Was gonna work on Fern today. Nothing done to her, but got the garage almost ready:-?

Attachments

• 9S.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 434
  • 8S.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 439
  • 7S.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 457
  • 5S.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 483
  • 4S.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 478
  • 3S.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 449
  • 2S.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 481
is that a NEW leak in the cellar..... omg... youll have to post the video you just sent me...

Ok...Got the valves adjusted. Sewing machine...Yea....Sewing machine.
Thank you Dan. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=134667
I love theses motors. I rebuilt one several years ago for my 69 truck. I think I have a pic somewhere. Will try to find it.
Fern now runs and sounds better than my 2010 Focus. (Again...does anybody know what FOCUS means in my world?)
I don't know if has just been a long time since I adjusted valves or what, but I made a heckova mess...Put rags on rockers. Maybe that was the mistake. I think it wicked down the rags and got on everything...including the floor. A few of the adjustment screws were a little loose, so I will either replace or trick it up like Dan...LOL
Gotta get me some kitty litter now. While at the parts store, what else do I need? Hmmm...
Will post some before and after pics and try to upload video of before and after.

Now I gotta figure out how to upload video

Attachments

• 11S.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 441
  • 9S.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 421
  • 8S.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 409
  • 5S.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 451
  • 3S.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 431
  • 1s.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 455
Did I put diesel in by mistake?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoX35pvgsQE"]YouTube - Fern's valves[/ame]

Half a quart of oil later....suweet:toothy10:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avKAkmxl8-A"]YouTube - Fern's Valves After[/ame]

I think we have found our new Dart fan.... and Fern got to meet Nicholai.... and they are now playmates.... boy did not want to get out of the car!!!!!!!!:cheers:

he was ready to go... dont know where but was ready non the less!!!:sign5:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Ubuci8kUQ"]YouTube - nic lovin the dodge dart[/ame]

ok...I'm done for the day. Granny is wanting me to come spend time with her. If Granny ain't happy...ain't nobody happy. Maybe watch a movie.
The Fern saga will continue tomorrow.:cya:

Attachments

• 15S.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 398
  • 16S.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 407
  • 17S.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 404
  • 18S.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 401
-
Back