okay guys...biggest pet peeve at car shows

-
she can set in my car any time she likes. ahhh never mind I'm to old for that young of a girl, but she sure is good looking. that made my day.

I would never put a "Do Not Touch" sign on any of my cars. Go ahead and touch them. If you ask, I will let you sit in it too.
She said purple is her favorite color so in she went!

View attachment 1715151901

I was going to make a comment about where I would like her to sit.:lol:
But, I'll leave it with this.

My biggest pet peeve is seein small block Chevys in everything. I get a Chevy in a Chevy, and that's cool. But small blocks in T Buckets. In 40 Fords. In old Chryslers. In old Ford trucks. In rat rods.....and on and on and on.

It's like these people think they're doin somethin new and uninvented. Whatever happened to Flathead Fords? Oldsmobile 394s? Early Chrysler Hemis? Buick Nailheads? Buick straight eights? There are so many different old engines out there and yet people always take the easy way out and act like it's somethin new.

Bazillion dollars into the car with paint, interior, suspension, and go the cheapest route with the engine.

I never understood, either.

That trophy would be a keeper.

Alan
Yes it is. Jason had quite a time getting it stuffed in his Cuda! The little gal liked the color. It was a great moment for all!
car show 007.JPG

Bazillion dollars into the car with paint, interior, suspension, and go the cheapest route with the engine.

I never understood, either.

With me it's not "necessarily" the cheapest route......I mean seriously how many of us have to make every single project a budget one whether it's a car or not? Those of who have to do that KNOW HOW to spend a penny.

To me the issue is with a small block Chevy it's all been done and seen before. "YOU AIN'T" doin nuthin new here, Paco.

I mean, I have bought, cleaned and built a 1956 Chrysler Fire Power Hemi on a VERY small budget. So small in fact, I ain't tellin you how small for one and two, if I ever am forced to sell it, I don't want anybody to know how little I have in the build. When I first got the engine, I inquired on several forums about a "budget Hemi" build. Of course, all the forum gurus said no way in hell could it be done, but I did it. I didn't cut any corners, either.

New pistons, all necessary machine work, reground original cam, adjustable pushrods, new valve springs thanks to @Bighead440. In fact, he was the one person I can actually credit for making that project happen!

The point is, you can build anything on a budget, I don't care what it is or what the naysayers say. It just proves to me that SO MANY people gay SLAM OUT when it comes to their engine choices.

.....and I have nothing against Chevy engines, either. They are great engine packages. That caint be denied. But what's NOT been done with them? If I was building a hot rod or rat rod......and I am, why in the hell would I want to put somethin in it that there'll be 100 more of at the show?

That sounds kinds stupid, doesn't it?

With me it's not "necessarily" the cheapest route......I mean seriously how many of us have to make every single project a budget one whether it's a car or not? Those of who have to do that KNOW HOW to spend a penny.

To me the issue is with a small block Chevy it's all been done and seen before. "YOU AIN'T" doin nuthin new here, Paco.

I mean, I have bought, cleaned and built a 1956 Chrysler Fire Power Hemi on a VERY small budget. So small in fact, I ain't tellin you how small for one and two, if I ever am forced to sell it, I don't want anybody to know how little I have in the build. When I first got the engine, I inquired on several forums about a "budget Hemi" build. Of course, all the forum gurus said no way in hell could it be done, but I did it. I didn't cut any corners, either.

New pistons, all necessary machine work, reground original cam, adjustable pushrods, new valve springs thanks to @Bighead440. In fact, he was the one person I can actually credit for making that project happen!

The point is, you can build anything on a budget, I don't care what it is or what the naysayers say. It just proves to me that SO MANY people gay SLAM OUT when it comes to their engine choices.

.....and I have nothing against Chevy engines, either. They are great engine packages. That caint be denied. But what's NOT been done with them? If I was building a hot rod or rat rod......and I am, why in the hell would I want to put somethin in it that there'll be 100 more of at the show?

I agree. Belly buttons. Original thoughts done for everything and then pop the hood and...

Give me a blown slant. A fuel injected flathead. Something - anything! - other than the same old Chevy small block.

Went to an indoor car show at the local mall. There was a '33 Dodge sedan on display. Multipl best of shows, multiple class wins. Why? It was different. 340/727/8.75, even had a Sebring interior. Root beer in color. Why did he win so much? In a world of SBC's he dared to be different. The

Gone ar my dad's days where he'd take a '32 Ford coup, drop in a big Caddy engine, back it with a Packard trans and a Pontiac rear and go looking to smoke every with a few bucks to put up.

Or the flathead '49 Ford sedan built as hot as his budget would allow.

Peopl ask me if I plan on pulling the OHV 239 out of the '54 and replace it with a 302 or a 460 and I tell them no, because that's what they would do.

Last edited:

That sounds kinds stupid, doesn

had a 340 4 speed dart when I was young and dumb all stock. raced a lot of chevy's and fords that little 340 made them all look like they were going backwards. All my chevy and ford friends would never race me or my brother with his 440 six pak cuda. we were not popular back then because we had mopars. And today I can go to wallmart and buy every part for a chevy. I am not normal and proud of it.

It took me quite a few years in this hobby to figure out that I need to like what I like, and not what the crowd likes, UNLESS you are trying to sell something.

I hate car shows because i hate b-body guys. i have a 66 2dr ht belvedere. it has an original rust free ca body but was a low optioned slant 6 car, 3 on the tree and 7.25 rear end. Now its a 340, 4 speed, 8.75. took it to a local show and had people telling me i ruined the car, it should have a big block, nothing you did is proper, etc. One dude and his wife said its disgraceful that i cut up the floor to put a trans hump in and that a 66 b body would never have a 340 and an od a833. then he said why not take a chainsaw and cut the top off cause it would be better as a convertible. I told him why not take his chainsaw and saw his head off cause it would make him look better. His wife called the police and told them what i said, i got kicked out of the show. What pussies.

I read this and immediately thought "California". Then looked over to your location and was not surprised the least bit.

-
Back