Not open for further replies.

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Contact seller
<<<<< new price $125 >>>>>>>>>

Old school 3.58 stroke 340 mains crank. std. 2.5 mains and -.020 rods. Cast 360 casting with a big X on it (hey, It'll match my X heads for sale!) quick math tells you that this will raise your piston .135 in the bore with everything stock, so now your lo-po 8:1 318 kerosene burner @.070 in the hole will be a +.065 pop up. Mate it with a .040 head gasket and you'll have some serious squeeze even with big 360 heads....$125. cheaper than turning your tired old crank down! Gunk on bearings is 20 year old grease, good bearing

Attachments

• 041012070804.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 842
  • 041012071047.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 840
I'm confrooshed. Is this a purpose built piece or just a 360 crank with turned down mains?

"Just" a 360 with its mains turned down...But think of the rate at which this will rev with some light 273 rods (hey, Im selling some of those too! ...shameless plug) with its cross drilled throws. So its like a lightened 273/340 crank. Check out the mains, you can see where there used to me metal, and it is radiused. Throw me an offer, and check on what this would cost at a machine shop to do to a 360 crank. Comes with a timing tape damper too.

So in a stock bore 318 you'd have 344 cubes....NICE!:burnout:

Great buy for somebody!

I'd love to buy it but but I don't suppose it would ship free to Canada:prayer:....am I right? lol

So in a stock bore 318 you'd have 344 cubes....NICE!:burnout:

Great buy for somebody!

I'd love to buy it but but I don't suppose it would ship free to Canada:prayer:....am I right? lol

Well, no. But I could ship it to the nearest US bus terminal and you could sneak over and pick it up?

"Just" a 360 with its mains turned down...But think of the rate at which this will rev with some light 273 rods (hey, Im selling some of those too! ...shameless plug) with its cross drilled throws. So its like a lightened 273/340 crank. Check out the mains, you can see where there used to me metal, and it is radiused. Throw me an offer, and check on what this would cost at a machine shop to do to a 360 crank. Comes with a timing tape damper too.

Sorry I worded it like that...I wasn't tryin to take anything away from it. It's a good piece and dammit all if I was closer I'd get it cause it's cheaper than gettin one ground.

Its all good. $125 or Im going to have to build a stock piston stroker......and I don't need another small block!

so, would this be usable in a 70 340 engine with stock rods and pistons? or would i have to get aftermarket pistons? and which pistons would work? im intrested if i can find some info!

It would work fine in a 340. You'd need to get 360 pistons in whatever bore size the 340 has. STD 340= .030 over 360 and so on.

right, but would this put the piston up out of the bore too much? and lets say if a stock 340 is 275, whaat does this add. hp, or torque? ill go to chat s.s if it is easier to explain there, so we do not get yelled at for talking out of turn.lol

right, but would this put the piston up out of the bore too much? and lets say if a stock 340 is 275, whaat does this add. hp, or torque? ill go to chat s.s if it is easier to explain there, so we do not get yelled at for talking out of turn.lol

Use 360 pistons, but sized for the 340 bore. It won't put the piston in any different position than a stock 360.

so, would this be usable in a 70 340 engine with stock rods and pistons? or would i have to get aftermarket pistons? and which pistons would work? im intrested if i can find some info!
70 340 would still have tall pistons, and would not work with this crank. If you used +.040 over 360 pistons (std 340 size), it would turn your high compression 340 to a stock 360 compression 367. Not really a step forward but it would have more torque. The theory behind this crank configuration is to use low compression 72-73 340 or any lo-po 273 2bbl or 318 piston that is down in the hole more than .060 to get these stock pistons up in the bore .135 higher. That is about +.060-.070 pop up above the deck. With todays range of head gaskets and the large chambers of a 360 head, this gets your compression up big time with nothing more than the crank change out and the dialing it in with head gasket thickness.

Here are some numbers from another post. You want .035-040 quench between the piston and the head and thatll give you about 10.5-1. Now that is on a closed chamber head (302) with a zero deck piston and a .040 head gasket. Now 360 and 318 heads are far from closed and that is what keeps you from creating a diesel motor with this crank. Do your math, its all here.

It would work fine in a 340. You'd need to get 360 pistons in whatever bore size the 340 has. STD 340= .030 over 360 and so on.

take 8:1 340 trw pistons and cut them down. any machine shop can do it. i can't remember how much you have to cut them down but u end up with like 11.8:1 with a 65cc chamber. i have a 360 built like this

Sold, then busted by Fedex in transit!...how the F--- do you break a crank in transit? Oh well..refunded..life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back