Old body filler???

-

Roadart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is old body filler still good? i have about a 1/2 gal. can . It has always been closed,and stirs well I bought it in sept 09so it is over 10 years old. Used some recently and it seemed ok. The brand is Bond tite. Label reads XL microcel light body filler.

Is old body filler still good? i have about a 1/2 gal. can . It has always been closed,and stirs well I bought it in sept 09so it is over 10 years old. Used some recently and it seemed ok. The brand is Bond tite. Label reads XL microcel light body filler.
If you stir it and it's still creamy with no chucks, it's good to go. You can also add some "bondo honey" to make it more creamy if it's a bit stiff.

Like i said it stired well ,no lumps etc. thanks for the quick response.

I would get another can. Remember one thing, Its your car that your keeping and paying for every coat of primer and paint your putting on top of it. Also what about the sanding involved. Then you find out. ****! that bondo has problems and popped up. Also fiber strand should always be the first coat on a seam or the bondo will swell. Its water proof bondo is not

Filler is cheap, save the old stuff for another project you dont care about so much. That being said, it usually gets clumpy when it gets old. Sometimes you can stir in some polyester resin to rejuvenate it.

I wouldent use it. Bondo is cheap. Steve, thanks for the advice with using the fiber strand bondo against seams first. I never gave that much thought. Usually used JB weld in the seams first. That's pretty solid stuff.

I wouldent use it. Bondo is cheap. Steve, thanks for the advice with using the fiber strand bondo against seams first. I never gave that much thought. Usually used JB weld in the seams first. That's pretty solid stuff.
I didn't read it was 10 years old. I would probably get fresh stuff myself.

-
Back