Old dragracing A Bodies from the 70's

-

FeMo

Reaction score
I've been going through some of my Dads old slides and making them digital. So I figured I would share some old pics with you guys, some of you my recognize some. Most of the pics are from Gatornationals in 71 and Orange County Dragway in CA in 70 or 71. Not all will be A bodies but still Mopar

20201108_202129.jpg
20201108_202129.jpg
20201108_202120.jpg
20201108_202129.jpg
20201108_202120.jpg

20201108_202052.jpg

20201108_201812.jpg

20201108_201748.jpg

20201108_201607.jpg

20201108_201455.jpg

What photos?

nevermind. lol Hell yeah!

Very cool! That's the era I came up in.
If you don't mind me asking how are you digitizing the slides? I have several that I want to do and it would be a lot of money to pay someone to do it.

Not mopar related, but do you have any photos of a Chevy pro stock Vega name MIMI owned by Bill Blanding? My neighbor was the driver and the car was always around our house.

If you don't mind me asking how are you digitizing the slides? I have several that I want to do and it would be a lot of money to pay someone to do it.

I think you can do it with a normal desktop scanner. They make several specialty scanners, but they may not be worth the investment for a one time project.
I had an H-P scanner at one time that had a sleeve type holder for slides built into the lid. It worked well, but it wasn't supported for any version of Windows past XP. So if you find what looks like an good price on a machine, be sure you can get the software needed to work with your computer.

I am using a projector and just taking a pic with my phone. It working pretty good just time consuming. It is expensive to get done by Costco. Its like $30 to do 64 slides then .32 cent per slide after that and I've got hundreds id want to do.

Not mopar related, but do you have any photos of a Chevy pro stock Vega name MIMI owned by Bill Blanding? My neighbor was the driver and the car was always around our house.
I will look and see. Still sorting through them might stumble across it

I am using a projector and just taking a pic with my phone. It working pretty good just time consuming. It is expensive to get done by Costco. Its like $30 to do 64 slides then .32 cent per slide after that and I've got hundreds id want to do.
I'll have to see if I can get my projector fixed somewhere and try that. I have over 1600 slides so taking them somewhere is not something I want to do.

Neat pics, thanks for sharing!:thankyou:
I think I need new glasses though, I initially read the title as "Disgracing"! :eek:

THis one looks like it was a old race car and just got revived. C Body Bob over at FCBO posted it.

-
Back