Old expressions that no longer apply

-
Believe it or not we had a 3 dollar bill way back. Maybe that's where the saying came from
Are you referring to Canada? There has never been a United States currency three dollar bill. There HAVE been various territories, pre-statehood, that have issued their own currency, including three dollar bills. Then of course there are novelty bills lampooning politicians, usually.

Are you referring to Canada? There has never been a United States currency three dollar bill. There HAVE been various territories, pre-statehood, that have issued their own currency, including three dollar bills. Then of course there are novelty bills lampooning politicians, usually.
Yes Canada

My dad's favorite was "Boy you could tear up a ball bearing with a rubber hammer".

Another of his favorites was "You remind me of a bull in a china shop, what you don't kick over, step on or break, you s**t on".

It's hotter than the hubs of hell out.
Or
It's colder than a witch's tit wearing a brass bra out.

Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

(I cant say/write this in German, but this is the “approximate” English translation.)
Born dumb and stayed that way.

(Back to English)
Wiggle like that belongs on a hook.

Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

(I cant say/write this in German, but this is the “approximate” English translation.)
Born dumb and stayed that way.

(Back to English)
Wiggle like that belongs on a hook.
Posted this before, but the minkey was the brass triangle the British sailors stacked the cannon balls on. When it would get cold the brass would contract and the cannon balls would roll off.

GM -The Mark of Excellence

What’s good for GM is good for the country.

Ford has a better idea.

Plymouth is out to win you over this year.

Ask the man who owns one.

I had a younger co worker tell me some colleague was a "liar"...I told her "liar is a bit harsh, lets just say he's full of **** ..." :)

I called some one an Indian giver. They got all offended and made me take it back!

'Fair to middling' means 'alright', 'good enough'. Although, my dad always said it when he was in a pretty good mood. He also said "Everything's copacetic", which is pretty much the same (good enough).

-
Back