Old Memories. Good times with great Friends

-
PB Racer,

Thanks for sharing! Love the Daytona, I had a pretty hot 12 sec 2.2 Daytona Shelby turbo back in the day and my engine builder has a 360 cube converted 83 K Car Scamp/Rampage.

Marion

These old memories are great fun. We have a Facebook group started by a local racer for our local drag strip from when it opened in the 60's to Mid 80's when it got renamed and reorganized. People have been coming out of the woodwork with old photos and stories. Here's yesterdays photo of a local racer Gary Ostrich and Judy Lilly at the line.
Gary and Judy Lilly.jpg

Toolman, I have a photo of those two hanging in my shop.Not sure what track,but I'm sure they did allot of match racing around the country. Thanks !

PB Racer,

Thanks for sharing! Love the Daytona, I had a pretty hot 12 sec 2.2 Daytona Shelby turbo back in the day and my engine builder has a 360 cube converted 83 K Car Scamp/Rampage.

Marion

Thanks Marion. My Friend has it about ready to hit the track and I can't wait to see it running again.

36971796962_3b167b132d_k.jpg
Untitled by John Cadamore, on Flickr

These old memories are great fun. We have a Facebook group started by a local racer for our local drag strip from when it opened in the 60's to Mid 80's when it got renamed and reorganized. People have been coming out of the woodwork with old photos and stories. Here's yesterdays photo of a local racer Gary Ostrich and Judy Lilly at the line.View attachment 1715118405

Very cool pictures. Lots of these guys and girls used to hit the local tracks across the country to make a few bucks to survive on. I had some great times watching them.

-
Back